Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Question about Muffler & Res Delete

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Quick Question about Muffler & Res Delete

I recently bought an 04 GTO. As most would do, my first mod would be the exhaust. It doesn't really feel like a muscle car without the sound ya know?

Anyway, I priced an entire exhaust system and....well.... no way to expensive for me at the moment. Eventually I would replace the stock manifolds, custom cam and mid-section but for now I wanted rumble, and a lot of it. I began looking into muffler and res deletes and found they can produce a lot of rumble, however, I also hear that they can cause a loss in back pressure and low fuel economy. Doesn't seem worth it for a nice sound. I also read that none of that is true and you actually gain MPG and fuel economy, so I just want to know what's true and what's not. Thanks Guys.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't know what it will sound like but you don't need to worry about not having enough back pressure, don't have a clue where that myth came from. I'd check youtube to see how it will sound before cutting things up. Just a guess but I'd think it would sound better if you leave the resonators on.

Quick Reply: Quick Question about Muffler & Res Delete