New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Build

Well as the title states I am planning my first build, though I have not yet purchased anything, not even the engine, or the chassis of the vehicle I want to put it in. Instead I plan to start from a base LS1, probably from a junkyard camaro/vette/trans am. Whatever I can get my hands on.

I have a beginning of a list of the mods I want to put on the engine once I have it and it has been torn down. This isn't as much as a build thread, but more of a question to whether all the parts I want to purchase will be working together or if I'm off on something. I've been reading a fair amount and feel I'm almost ready to start purchasing the items I need. (Engine, trans, mods). I do not have a complete list, really only 4-5 items that I've found so far, minus a few obvious ones such as Intake (ram/cai). So here goes nothing.

Engine:

Texas Speed MS4 Cam
-239/242 .649/.609 111LSA

Precision Race Components Spring Kit
-Rated to .650

Texas Speed Pushrods 7.400"
-This I have questions about, with the cam I have chosen, do these pushrods meet the requirements?

FAST LSX 102mm Intake/TB
-Also getting all hoses and fuel rails to fit around the manifold.

For the rear end I'm on the fence of a Ford 9inch or I've also heard good things about an 8.8? For gearing probably 4.11.

As the trans goes, a T56, or 4L60E.

I have plans for boost potentially but I want to at least get the engine first. Again this isn't a build thread, that'll come much later, I'm just making sure before I hop into this project that all of this works together.

Also, I failed to mention the actual vehicle I want to put all this in. An S10 .

Thanks for reading and any help, comments and questions to come.

-John

Last edited by Johnthebatman; 10-29-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a junkyard 5.3 a good 66mm turbo and piece togeather all your plumbing and a fuel system get it on a dyno and save alot of money while being way faster then you expected!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: First Build