Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procedures for storing SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procedures for storing SS

Leaving for duty overseas (173d Airborne Brigade, Sky Soldiers) in Italy. My wife and I will not take the risk of running the SS on the narrow streets and roads of Europe. Actually, Italians will pretty much bump into a Bently in order to park their BMW, Audi, Benz, etc., they really don't have respect for anything other than their top of the line cars.

I know I'll have to drain the gas tank, and remove the battery, what else should I do to the car. I heard it all from all the sh-t house lawyers, I want to hear it from the experts on the forum.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Depending on how long you are over there would be what you would want to do

If you plan on being there for quite a while, you could do what I do - go all out, and overdo it

I drain pretty much every fluid there is except the gas. I like to keep that full. Oil, wiper fluid, brake fluid (yes, I bleed the brakes before driving it), etc. A lot of the things I do are not needed, I just like to keep fresh fluids in there whenever possible. I put the car on stands, take the tires off, to give the suspension a nice rest. Near the end of Winter and getting close to Spring I start putting things back together. Since the car isn't being driven, I'm not in much of a rush to get it all back together, so long as it is ready to go when the weather is nice

So take everything off that you want to. There are some things that you will need to, but a lot of it you don't - much of the stuff I do
Old 05-06-2004, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I coldn't have said it better myself. Have fun in Italy. I highly recoment Sicily.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

put sum of that stabil stuff in your tank, or whatever it is, that keeps the octane level of your gas right
get a carcover to keep the lovely dust off