Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 with a brodex supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 with a brodex supercharger

Hi,

I'm posting this question on behalf of my dad. We're not from America, so finding original American car parts and technical assistance is a bit hard for us. My mechanical knowledge is minimal and his English is awfull. I'm hoping you guys could help us out. We want to put a BRODEX supercharger on our LS1 crate engine. Do i need specific modifications like new pressure springs, or can i just bolt the thing on and drive away with some extra horsepower?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-13-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would get harden push rods .if you have a stock gm crate engine the compression mite be too high for a small amount of boost .you should get a blower cam ,and try different pulley sizes to meet your goals.do you want to use pump gas ?is the engine going to fuel injected with a computer ? you will need a big fuel pump and bigger injectors .it will need a good tuner .or is going to use a carb ?
Old 11-14-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What the hell is a Brodex supercharger? Just googled it came up with nothing. Regardless you should be able to run 6-7lbs. of boost with bigger injectors, possibly a upgraded fuel pump depending what you have, and a GOOD tune.

Quick Reply: LS1 with a brodex supercharger