Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mod Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mod Advice!

Hey guys it is Amy I am looking for opinions on what to do next. I have already done the interior and exterior add ons and egine componets, now I am looking ofr power gains and dont really know what ot do that will get me the most HP! I am up for suggestions!
Old 05-07-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well it would help us help you if you would list what you mean by engine components. What is your overall goal for the car, show, drag race, auto x, etc.
With that info it will be easier to tell what things to start with or if you have already done what we would first suggest.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just as z239899 said above little more info needed. If you don't have it already get a Lid. Then if you have a little more money get LT headers if you don't want to do LT's just get a cutout. This makes your car sound real good and very cheap. It also pickes up a few HP. Let us know your goals and you will get all the help you need.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

ok guys here it goes! So far as the whole car goes, I have done custome fuel rail covers white face guages embroedered headrests, embridered floor mats ws6 racing pedals, air lid by quatrer mile performance wit han k&N air filter, GMMG exhaust and well guys that is about it! so I am intrested in headers and gears. Things that will boost HP for the max so with taht ingo not too many engine mods just pretty stuff! thansk guys!
Old 05-08-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

well if you're looking to max out your horsepower, put her on the bottle!! lol that or 'charge it. but in all reality, staying in the bolt on realm, look at underdrive pullies, headers, an ls6 intake manifold, and a ported throttle body. that should pretty much max you out on bolt ons...then you move into internals like heads/cam packages and such. good luck!! oh...and i almost forgot...if you end up getting headers, go ahead and get an aftermarket y-pipe while you're at it, might as well re-do the whole exhaust while you're down there.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

ok Y pipe whatis that??? I am confused I thought all that is on the new exhaust?? ok someone straighten me out!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

The y-pipe is between the LT's and your cat-back. If you look under the car on the drivers side about 1/2 way down your door you will see the "crushed" side of the factory y-pipe and then you will realize that it's a good idea to replace when you are doing LT's because of how restrictive the factory y is. If you have an m6 I would suggest a short shifter and if you have an a4 a 3200+stall would be the best mod you could do
Old 05-09-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant believe no one said anything about suspension?? I dont know how old this thread is, i was actually doing a search to see what kinda bolt ons people have been doin for hp gains. But amy, if you havnt done it yet i HIGHLY recommend a set of sub frame connectors, i just threw a set on my 99 SS last month and the difference is night and day. Good luck w/ the rest