Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Motor do I use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Motor do I use?

Ok so here's the deal. I bought a 04 GTO with a LS1 and T56 that was wrecked, but still able to drive. It has 106k miles, and runs like a top. You can tell that it was very well taken care of. I just bought a 2001 LS1 from a Vette with 32k miles on it yesterday because it was way too good of a deal to pass up. I don't know the guy I bought the Vette motor from, but I seen the Vette, and they took this out to put a LS3 in it. I don't know anything other than that about the Vette motor. I'm putting this into a 67 Camaro. So do I put the GTO in with 106k miles, or do I use the Vette motor???
Old 12-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Launching!

I say put in the GTO motor you believe was maintained and sell the low mile vette LS1. 106k Really isn't high mileage, and chances are, if it's going into a 67 camaro you aren't gonna be DDing it and putting over 200k+ miles anytime soon.

a 32k mi LS1 could probably fetch a pretty penny. Put some of the profits away towards mod money/emergency fund if something breaks in the 106k LS1.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Teching In

That was the way I was leaning. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:52 AM

My opinion would. put that vet motor on that engine stand, and pour love into it every weekend or nights when you just don't nothin to do my first rebuild was an ls1 with 146000 miles on it. it took me almost a whole year to get it like i wanted it. and now it pushes an ugly *** s10 down th runway in mid to high 9s. (1/4) i know that's not th best but I'm proud. Yea ls are every where but the beauty of it id that you can make into anything you want it to be. and these guys here helped me out an *** load,

Quick Reply: Which Motor do I use?