New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on what to do next

Old 05-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on what to do next

As of now I have a 98 Z28 M6, Borla, Intake, 5.0, Free mods(EGR cutout, airlid, the screen to my MAF sensor out) Im trying to decide what to do next, something relatively cheap($400-600) including installation. Ive looked at headers, cam, heads(pretty pricey) QTP cutout, even though Ive read it causes low sap end torque, so Hp increases yet the torque decreases, anyone out there w/ a cutout that recommends it? Im looking for the best mod for my money so any suggestions, cause I'm all ears? And if you name a mod, name the company that you would suggest as well...thanks
Old 05-09-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fun mods....
4:10 gears
QTP cut-out

HP mods...
FLP LT headers
224 cam
LS6 intake
Old 05-09-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A cam is most definitly not in your price range, neither are FLP headers. If you can do the install yourself, which isn't too bad, I'd suggest headers, probaby Pacesetter or Hooker.

A cutout is a ton of fun, I had one and it was the coolest thing ever, pretty cheap too. You might just get one for your borla or put on in the i-pipe.

Oh, and you might want to take into consideration some susupension mods, such as SFC's and/or LCA's. Everyone I have talked to about SFC's say that they wished they had gotten them earlier. Just some food for thought
Old 05-10-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh ya FLP = 1,200$$$ sorry...

but a cam you can do as long as your handy....
and oh ya cut outs kick ***!!!

and SFC, LCA and PHB made a nice differance!!!!

look @ BMR stuff! SFC,LCA,PHB = around $350
good cam kick around 500-600 bucks!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I say get the cutout best mod for the $$$. My next mod will probably be SFC. I have been wanting them for a while.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

SFC's are a great mod....I plan on getting mine early in the process. Look at BMR and Spohn. Both good companies. Cutouts are great, especially if you go with QTEC electric cutouts(built by QTP). that way you always have nearly open headers just the flip of a switch away. You could go with hooker/pacesetter headers, they are in your price range as well.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Teching In

sorry im not toom familar with online terms....what are SFC's? and when u start to put more and more mods on your car is it in the best interest to get it tuned, if so where can i find a place to get my car tuned
Old 05-11-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SFC's = Sub Frame Connectors

If you only have a few bolt-ons, tuning is not required by any means. Tuning is usually needed after header install, cam install, etc... no after basic bolt-ons or a cutout. Check out the Texas section at the bottom and ask in there for a place for tuning.

Originally Posted by jbvic15
sorry im not toom familar with online terms....what are SFC's? and when u start to put more and more mods on your car is it in the best interest to get it tuned, if so where can i find a place to get my car tuned

Search this Thread