New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on first build

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on first build

If anyone can please help me out on some information on a right set up with cam, stall, and gears can anyone help? Right now I just have 1 3/4 tsp headers with 3 inch y pipe and its tuned by Pat G putting 337 to the wheel and 339 torque. I would like it to at leased get up to 420 hp by the time I'm done and I also want to keep it as a daily driver. If anyone can tell me what it would be better to have 4.10 or 3.73 with at leased a 3000 stall with the right cam to go with that. If anyone can help me with that and what I would need for a cam that would be great also.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:45 PM

And it's an LS1 from an 01 Camaro with 117,xxx miles
Old 02-02-2014, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

For a daily driver I would recommend a Torquer v2 cam. Google "ls1howto cam swap" and it will give you a list of parts. Costs around $1500 for all parts (which hp to $ ratio isn't that bad). Make sure you do your research, check out videos on YouTube, but the Torquer v2 IMO would be a nice settlement sound and performance wise. Head choice comes down to how much you want to spend. I would go with AFR 205cc heads but like I said, that's just my opinion so do your research! And also with the Torquer v2 cam it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a FAST intake manifold 90/90 or something.

I'm not too good on the stall stuff since I have a 6 speed so I'll leave that to someone else to chime in on.

Quick Reply: Help on first build