Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

better internals for ls1 243 heads tourquer v2 cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default better internals for ls1 243 heads tourquer v2 cam

Hi all I have a trans am with an ls1 that was modified by someone else. I was going to send it to the mech for bad lifter but I was still driving it around. So now I bought new sparkplug wires and one came loose. I didnt know till the engine started knocking so I bought a new spark plug and it still knocking so this engines fried huh? Now I want to know If its most likely a bad piston then ill fix it but while the engines apart what parts should I buy to strengthen the internals for say maybe future boost? Should I buy forged pistons? Better valves amd lifters? I know im going to buy tooley double springs the .660 ones so what else should I get? I have 243 heads, a tourquer v2 cam, ls6 intake, lid, hooker headers, 3 inch exhaust. Thank you!
Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by paladineWS6
Hi all I have a trans am with an ls1 that was modified by someone else. I was going to send it to the mech for bad lifter but I was still driving it around. So now I bought new sparkplug wires and one came loose. I didnt know till the engine started knocking so I bought a new spark plug and it still knocking so this engines fried huh? Now I want to know If its most likely a bad piston then ill fix it but while the engines apart what parts should I buy to strengthen the internals for say maybe future boost? Should I buy forged pistons? Better valves amd lifters? I know im going to buy tooley double springs the .660 ones so what else should I get? I have 243 heads, a tourquer v2 cam, ls6 intake, lid, hooker headers, 3 inch exhaust. Thank you!
Bad lifter? Plan on replacing your cam as well. If a lifter went out it can mess up the cam.

I had a lifter crap the bed on me once. I ended up needing new heads, cam and lifters. Not sure how I cracked the head but oh well lesson learned.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Forged pistons and rods would be a good start. The stock crank is strong, so no worry there. Maybe consider upgrading the rear
Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys it ended up being a valve stem or somethong like that fell in the engine and made ahole inn the piston got a new oiston new springs push rods lifters and valves car shoukd be done by saturday I wish I had enough for cylinders oh well next stop stage 2 clutch new rear and then paint
Old 03-05-2014, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

You don't need forged internals unless you plan on running FI..but if that's what you want to do while the motors apart go for it.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I want a twin screw suoercharger in the future so I wanted to strengthen the internals
Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by paladineWS6
Yeah I want a twin screw suoercharger in the future so I wanted to strengthen the internals
Good luck getting that to fit under the hood lol.

Quick Reply: better internals for ls1 243 heads tourquer v2 cam