Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C - Heat control switch don't work

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C - Heat control switch don't work

Not sure where to post this, so I'll just put it here. In my SS, the button that controls where the air or heat is going (as in window, floor, or mid) doesn't work. I can turn it all I want, and all it'll do is off, and if it's blowing anywhere, it's always window and feet. Anyone else have this problem, if so, was it an easy fix?

scott
Old 05-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1BadMoFo
Not sure where to post this, so I'll just put it here. In my SS, the button that controls where the air or heat is going (as in window, floor, or mid) doesn't work. I can turn it all I want, and all it'll do is off, and if it's blowing anywhere, it's always window and feet. Anyone else have this problem, if so, was it an easy fix?

scott
Most are supposed to default to defrost window as yours has in case of a problem. I think air distribution doors are controlled by vacuum so you may want to make sure all thoes vacuum lines are hooked up and not cracked. It may even have a vacuum ball.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT, I am having the same problem, always on floor and defrost. It's driving me friggin nuts. I've already pulled off the panel and inspected everything and it all looks ok. I need a fix for this one.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Interesting, I'm getting the impression this is a result of some sort of Mod I've done...great, where to begin??
Old 05-13-2004, 08:44 AM
STF Veteran

There is a vacuum supply line to the control panel that originates in the engine pay on the passenger side. Ensure it hasn't come disconnected or broken, and check that all the vacuum connections at the HVAC panel are good and tight. Ususally when this occurs, it is the vacuum supply as it connects to the intake manifold.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

good info, thanks, I'll check it out tonight.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is also a check vavle beside the pcm that goes through the fire wall. It should have constant vacuum on the side that goes through the fire wall. If it doesnt; follow the line to behind the intake. It may have been pinched between the intake and motor if you have taken the intake off lately. Any number of things could have happened if you were tichering back there. Noticed you did the !wire mod; the vacuum line runs in that cluster.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, I've had my intake off 3 times and I did the !wire....I'm sure I'll find something simple.