New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having racecar problems, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Having racecar problems, need help.

When the car was tuned, a few things popped up, and zeroing the idle was one of them. The hole in the butterfly for the TB was slightly drilled to correct some of the issues as the adjustment screw was maxed, along with TPS sensor replacement. And it seemed to have done it, but idle was still a lil sketchy, especially on start up.

Now it's going from occasional hiccup to a constant state. Some of the symptoms... cold start some days is turn key and does its thing, the next I have to hold the pedal in to keep it from stalling. WOT, it starts off strong and soon after it gets a sputtering feeling. And at times, I go WOT and it bogs completely down giving the limp mode symptom. It's the same 92 mm TB I was using with my ls1, and never had an issue like this before. The check engine light is on constantly now, codes point to the tps, before and after I replaced the sensor.dum

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome, really trying to sort this out and start spraying.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Staging Lane

Im having that exact same problem! When you crank your car and go to put it in first or reverse and hit the gas does the car bog really bad? and sometimes cut off the motor completly? My car cranks fine when cold but if the motor is warm i have to hold the gas to the floor to crank it. I noticed i have a fuse thats rotted out going to my motor but i honestly have no clue what the fuse is for and dont know what its called so i cant order the new one to replace it. Im pretty sure thats my problem but not positive. Let me know if you figure out your problem cause im in the same boat as you and honestly im completly stumped...
Old 03-13-2014, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

When my 99 silverado had similar hot start issues it was the fuel pressure regulator. Pulled the little vac hose off and fuel would run out.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa
When my 99 silverado had similar hot start issues it was the fuel pressure regulator. Pulled the little vac hose off and fuel would run out.
where is that vac hose located im having similar problems with my silverado but also smelling fuel in the air filter and it also seems like the pump pulses a lot when i first turn on the key and it builds pressure, which would also make me think its the regulator.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pnykillerz28ls1
where is that vac hose located im having similar problems with my silverado but also smelling fuel in the air filter and it also seems like the pump pulses a lot when i first turn on the key and it builds pressure, which would also make me think its the regulator.
Under the engine cover, on the fuel rail...it was never an issue on cold first
start but only on hot restarts...have to press the gas pedal to get it to fire.
It was like a $40 part and mine crapped out at like 50,000 miles

Quick Reply: Having racecar problems, need help.