Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 ws6

So i purchased a 2000 ws6 and its been raced before. I have a list of the mods that were done and wondering if anyone could think of anything else that could be done.

LS6 intake, SLP air Lid, 23x / 23x camshaft, LS6 valve springs, chromoly push rods, ported throttle body, Fully built stage 4 transmission( does this mean it shifts hard and can withstand How much hp?) 3600 stall converter, long tube headers, 3" y pipe, exhaust dump.

I used to own a 2002 ws6 sleeper I miss it so much and that was all stock.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You could do lots of things obviously! You want more power or better handling? How much are you willing to spend? Is the car tuned?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

how much it can take depends on who built it.

but do you have gears? what tires? you can get a crank pulley too. tons more you can add as was said.

add some heads,FAST, nitrous FI. on and on.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:17 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems like a pretty "basic" or "standard" bolt on, cam, stall car. You've got many different avenues in which to go -- it all depends on the money you're willing to spend
Old 04-24-2014, 07:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who built the transmission?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Teching In

I am not sure. i am actually taking it apart right now. It had a knock so dropped the oil pan and found #6 rod bearing spun. so the crankshaft is pretty beat up. I want the car to be a street car something that is really fun but i can drive here and there. I dont plan on going to the track or anything i never have been a crazy fan about it. Where i stand now is i know i need a crankshaft bearings and a rod at least. i was looking online on summit and jegs and i dont know why i find it such a surprise on how expensive everything is. I do want to have it done right and last for a long time. My father is telling me to get a new stock crankshaft and just rebuild it with what it has existing since everything looks really good. Such a dilemma.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Oh and btw it has a Cal Speed and performance sticker on it. So i would assume that they have been doing all the work since they have a link and it says they do everything on f-bodies.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stock crank will do. Not really necesary need a forged one unless you want to go boost or nitrous and want to keep it safe.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Teching In

So i was looking around and for the price of a stock and the comparison for stroking it to a 383 and thought maybe i should just go the 383 route. wondering though what brand should i go and trying to find the best place to order it from i dont plan on doing anything else as far as nitrous or forced induction.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

243/799 pro ported heads! forgive me if that's been done already - as that is #1 on my wish list. Summer list: Electric water pump, it's only 8-10 more horses but I'm sure car would love it in summer heat. Extra Tranny cooler in series with the current. External power steering cooler. Save the FAST 102/102 setup for your Christmas list. have fun with the bird this summer!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Teching In

So i called summit racing to order a scat forged crankshaft and forged pistons to make it a 383. Apparently i have a g code engine which he said cant be bored so it makes up for it with the stroke. Those kits cost 2500 and i was about to do that when he made a couple suggestions. the one that caught my eye was he said to go with an LQ4 engine. it bolts up and the heads are interchangeable. Also he said i will have alot more room to play with and if money isnt that big of an issue than they have a 460 hp lq4 crate engine. i would be able to put everything that i have on my old engine on this one. Has anyone done this before?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dasmurf
So i called summit racing to order a scat forged crankshaft and forged pistons to make it a 383. Apparently i have a g code engine which he said cant be bored so it makes up for it with the stroke. Those kits cost 2500 and i was about to do that when he made a couple suggestions. the one that caught my eye was he said to go with an LQ4 engine. it bolts up and the heads are interchangeable. Also he said i will have alot more room to play with and if money isnt that big of an issue than they have a 460 hp lq4 crate engine. i would be able to put everything that i have on my old engine on this one. Has anyone done this before?
Yes I went went with a LQ9 when I blew my LS1, and just bolted my HCI up to it. The LQ4 or LQ9 is a great option for the money
Old 04-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Teching In

So correct me if i am wrong. What i plan doing is buying this 450 hp crate engine from summit. i will take the cam out and put my cam in it. Also put my heads on them because i have roller rockers and cromoly push rods. I would take it that the trans should be good to go since it is claimed to have a stage 4 tranny. 3600 stall converter should be fine. and everything will bolt up with no adapters. This sounds like my plan. oh and after take it to a tuning shop so it can be tuned. i wonder how much hp or if the power will be noticeable?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

What exactly does this 450 hp crate engine from Summit entail? Do you have a link?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got interested in the info and found it's here on their site. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hpe-sp19/all
there are some informative compares too on this board about the Lq4 vs lq9. makes sense that in a must swap situation, go for the 364 cu in.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Teching In

So i was looking at the comparison about the lq4 vs the lq9 and i am confused now i am worried the lq4 wont bolt on to my transmission. i dont know if its a stock transmission since the old owner said he had it built. Also the link is the engine i was looking at but wondering what heads this engine comes with and if these heads are better than mine. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hpe-hp93/overview/ http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hpe-sp19/all

So i posted the links up the first one has the heads. are my heads able to bolt up and if it does will it be better? i guess i want to know because if my heads are better than i should just go with the the short block which is the second link and i should be pushing a good amount of hp, right?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Teching In

I am so hyped on building this if i could go to the supermarket and buy what i need i would have this car done by day break!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm gonna give you my advice here: Forget this Summit stuff and get a shortblock from a place like Thomson Motorsports or Texas Speed. At least give them a ring, then see what you think
Old 04-26-2014, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dasmurf
So i was looking at the comparison about the lq4 vs the lq9 and i am confused now i am worried the lq4 wont bolt on to my transmission. i dont know if its a stock transmission since the old owner said he had it built. Also the link is the engine i was looking at but wondering what heads this engine comes with and if these heads are better than mine. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hpe-hp93/overview/ http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hpe-sp19/all

So i posted the links up the first one has the heads. are my heads able to bolt up and if it does will it be better? i guess i want to know because if my heads are better than i should just go with the the short block which is the second link and i should be pushing a good amount of hp, right?
If your heads are the stockers they are 241 cast. Have they been ported? And Check and see if you have 243 or 799 heads as that is a major mod a lot of people do with these LS1's. The 799 head is a truck head but is same cast as the 243. My builder tells me the 243/799 head flows up to 20% better than the 241. anyways, if you talk to Summit, ask them what head is on that 460hp engine. The 241 and 243/799 heads are supposed to bolt up to a LQ4 and there are threads that discuss it. If you already have the 243/799 cast head and you think the new heads flow better, no problem to sell your heads - they go around here. Or since you have a nice set of pro ported heads, just opt to purchase engine without. Decisions decisions.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Teching In

I have 241 heads that have been ported and polished. So i looked for an engine and summit was supposed to call me back to order the lq4 and they never did because i live in california. they cant sell that engine to me because of gay emissions. Well i found a yard that said they have a 6.0. I ended up buying it for 850 complete engine assembly when i took the heads off it was flat top and i believe its the lq9.. The engine is clean as hell and looks amazing. So now i am cleaning it and putting on my oil pan.

Quick Reply: 2000 ws6