New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p.s. cooler delete. what do i do with hoses to cooler?????

Old 04-27-2014, 07:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default p.s. cooler delete. what do i do with hoses to cooler?????

Ive googled it to find mixed answers. Most run aftermarket cooler. I just want to replace upper hose and delete cooler. So what do I do with the hoses going to factory cooler? Thx
Old 04-27-2014, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

i took my ps heater off and removed a line and hooked the line that was left back into itself.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:55 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

I didn't see any need for an aftermarket cooler on mine, so when I deleted it on my '02 I just hooked it up in the same arrangement as my '98 (which didn't come with a factory cooler). The line coming off the rack can just be directly connected to the bottom of the PS reservior (I cut this hose to shorten it) and the other hose can just be removed and forgotten.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thx guys
Old 04-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I didn't see any need for an aftermarket cooler on mine, so when I deleted it on my '02 I just hooked it up in the same arrangement as my '98 (which didn't come with a factory cooler). The line coming off the rack can just be directly connected to the bottom of the PS reservior (I cut this hose to shorten it) and the other hose can just be removed and forgotten.
I put an aftermarket cooler on mine but I don't like the way things look under the hood now. Plus I worry that I'm going to hit something and rip the cooler off.

Thinking I might just go the route you did.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I decided not to run a cooler at all. Works fine. While I was there I installed 160 stat, flushed system, sprayed out condensor/radiator fins with water them compressed air. A lot of crap came out of the fins. Before I did all of that my radiator fans were always running. Now they didn't even kick on and the temp gauge is noticeably lower. I know OEM gauge is no accurate. Used to run at 210 now its a tad below that.
Old 06-20-2023, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 94 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
do you happen to have a picture ? I plan on doing this.

so....all you need is the upper Rad hose ?
Old 06-21-2023, 02:14 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by slothman
do you happen to have a picture ? I plan on doing this.

so....all you need is the upper Rad hose ?
I don't have a picture, and I sold that car many years ago, but it's the same arrangement as the early base model V8s had from the factory. The rubber line just goes directly from the rack to the bottom of the PS reservoir (it will likely need to be shortened). It's really just a matter of disconnecting the line going into the cooler and reconnecting it directly to the reservoir.

And yes, you only need to replace the one radiator hose (again, you want to get one listed for an early base model V8 - such as a '98 Z28).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: p.s. cooler delete. what do i do with hoses to cooler?????