Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please read and advise thx

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default please read and advise thx

I Googled this and just would like to hear numbers at the track from just removing the bar. I know it depends on how much you spin which i do spin a ton on the street. I'm running nitto 555 (non drag radial) im sure theres better traction at the track but don't want to get there to find I should've removed it. So if anyone has some feedback /times improved from just this mod please let me know. Cars a A4/3:23 running 32lbs rear 38 front. If i preload at a traffic light and floor it i spin the a MF until I let off the gas. Thx
Old 05-10-2014, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

get some MTs. you wont regret it.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I put some miles on my car that's why I went with street tire that will last a bit. I know theres better tires for traction(thx for advice). I'm just looking for little better traction with what I have.thx
Old 05-10-2014, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

oh,try lowering your pressure a little on your rear tires and launch at a lower RPM if thats possible.

but nittos are fairly cheap id at least go with them.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

sounds like you are committed to running the tires you have which is understandable just realize without dr's its pretty hard to hook an ls1 f body if it has any mods at all ( you don't mention if/what you have for mods) the more mods you have the more likely you will be disappointed without sticky tires , if your bone stock a4/323's and track prep is good you may be just fine.

Getting a gain pegged down from removing the bar is hard as there are so many other factors at play with other peoples car from tires to mods , to weather and track prep , stick vs auto etc.. but what is sure is it will help you transfer weight to the rear of the car which is what you want so definitely remove the bar, go around not through the water box with treaded tires (keep tires dry) , do a small burnout till you see smoke and see what you get , you can try shorter or longer burnout to see if it helps with traction some street tires like to get real hot , some just like to spin enough to clean off any debris. The other thing you can try is leaving from idle to flash up what little a stock convertor will flash ( if your hooking ok) or holding it up against the brakes at different rpm's at the tree to keep it from flashing up.

Another though post what day and what track your going to and maybe you could borrow/rent a pair of dr's from another member that's going to be at the track that day even if just for a pass or 2. I have several sets of dr's mounted up and would do that for any member there same day as me at my track. Good luck let us know how you do
Old 05-10-2014, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thx for the good advice! My car has full boltons/BMR drag race level 1 package without the adjustable shocks. Has strutt brace/frame ties/t/a girdle. Yeah I just bought tires/wheels new

Quick Reply: please read and advise thx