Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb with question...

Old 05-19-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Newb with question...

Hello,

I have been lurking for quite a while, haven't really had a need to post because, well, I don't own an f-body or other LS1 car yet

In any case, I have been looking quite seriously for some time at an LS1 f-body, Z28 or SS if it makes any difference...

I was just wondering what you would suggest:

No matter what I get it will be modified, nothing wild, full bolt-ons at first for a while, I'd like to get 400rwhp without any kind of heads, but from the searching that seems to be just a tad bit unattainable (can someone prove me wrong? please? ). In any case, is there anything I should be WARY about buying a higher mileage f-body? I realize that the LS1 is very robust *when taken care of properly*, and have inferred that it's the body that will generally start to crap out with little things far before the engine. I have no personal problem buying a higher mileage car, my past two were 175k mile and 130k mile toyotas...

Just wondering what you guys/gals think. I'm not looking for the most mint example of an f-body, so I'm willing to go cheap to save money for some mods... or just pay the extra for a much nicer starting block. Thanks for all your help!

-J
Old 05-19-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get a SS instead of a Z28 they have the SS Hood a nice spoiler, wheels. The Z28 is nice also but I think the SS looks better.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most people here I think will tell you that about 350 rwhp is all youre gonna get from full bolt ons...or so Ive heard, but what do I know
Old 05-20-2004, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

I agree the SS looks better but you can put a SS hood on a Z and save a bunch by not paying for the factory putting it on there. As far as performance you would probably be replacing most of the upgrades you would have gotten by getting an SS package. Save your money and get the Z. Then make it look like an SS if you want.

Search this Thread