Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zo6 ls6 heads with nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Zo6 ls6 heads with nitrous

My current build is a stock bottom end ls6 block, ls6 intake and tb, 1 3/4 mid length headers all going into a 91 rs Camaro. I just found a set of ls6 heads off a Zo6 for $400. Im planning on having them ported and polished, milled, and multi angle valve job. A custom grind cam will also apply to my application. My question is how safe is it and how much nitrous can be used with these heads due to the fact that they have hollow intake valves and sodium filled exhaust valves? 150 hp shot would be my limit anyways. Thanks for any info in anvance.

Romeo
Old 06-22-2014, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The stock bottom end is going to be the weak link VS the heads. You should be fine with good fueling and tune.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I had a friend drop a hollow valve and trashed the entire engine. But he bought them online for kind of cheap.. Maybe they were cheap valves?? These are straight of the Zo6 so will have factory valves. Was thinking of using arp rod bolts. Whats the procedure for stock rods to use arp bolts?
Old 06-23-2014, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLSBeast
Thanks for the reply. I had a friend drop a hollow valve and trashed the entire engine. But he bought them online for kind of cheap.. Maybe they were cheap valves?? These are straight of the Zo6 so will have factory valves. Was thinking of using arp rod bolts. Whats the procedure for stock rods to use arp bolts?
I would not change the rod bolts with out pulling the engine down and have a machine shop resize the rods. Some people do it and get away with it and others have spun bearings.

Quick Reply: Zo6 ls6 heads with nitrous