Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Camaro SS M6, ESTIMATED GAS MILEAGE

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28boycali
My Camaro is my daily driver but man I'm only getting 160miles per tank is that average for a daily driven camaro mostly in city? I'd open up its lungs by throwing on a SLP Catback exhaust, SLP LID w/K&N, and Smooth Bellow, MSD wires w/ iridium plugs.
what else can I do to increase my gas mileage other than long tubes headers which I already got in my garage ready to go. Should I also change my fuel filter?(current mileage 101K)

are you the original owner?
if not, how do you know the computer wasn't messed with?
mostly city driving is quite variable, and your location says bay area.
san francisco?
you do a lot of hills?

anything intake or exhaust related including a lid and air filter is NOT going to help with better gas mileage. nor is a fuel filter.
your air fuel ratio for a given operating condition is set by the engine computer and is determined by the readings from the MAF and O2 sensors.
you also need to take into account the fuel. gasoline with higher ethanol content will reduce A/F ratio and you will burn more of it.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get 300km per tank or 180 miles per tank, lid and full exhaust plus dyno tuned. I don't try to conserve gas much, rarely in 6th or never below 2500rpm, 50/50 highway city

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro SS M6, ESTIMATED GAS MILEAGE