New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 ws6 pcm bat

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 ws6 pcm bat

Hello all, I sincerely hope you can help me with this one. I have a 2001 WS6/LS1 that I cannot figure out. At 48 yrs old, this is my 54th car. I love her, took her out to the store for a pack of cigarettes, she ran fine. Coming back, I noticed a stumble, but the stereo (Punch) was hitting hard and I didn't pay any attention. In the driveway, backing into the garage, I thought the LS was gonna jump out. VERY rough idle, running rich, had to "pat" the gas to make it move.
I'm at wit's end, everything checks out (Threw the dreaded P0300 code), except following the schematic, the PCM BAT fuse is NOT hot from either side with the fuse pulled. Book says it's always to be hot, regardless of the key position. (Dead on all) I'm an electrician, but was told NOT to "heat up" the wire to the PCM with a fusible link lower than the 10A one in the Aux Box. What would you suggest?? I'm really about done, new gas, tried a new MAF, IAC, ......
Old 07-09-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm guessing, but could it be bad plugs or wires?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Back to basics..have you checked to make sure you didn't lose a ground strap or similar on your ride? You said you had the stereo bumping so maybe something happened and you didn't hear it. This will cause all kinds of electrical fun. Have had this happen and spent tons of time chasing my tail because I didn't basically check if it was "plugged in."
Old 07-09-2014, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

See here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...t-does-do.html

A reset PCM won't run THAT bad though.. And would eventually "learn" it's way back out until you shut it off again.

Quick Reply: 2001 ws6 pcm bat