Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? bad mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? bad mileage?

I have been experiencing bad mileage lately, I replaced the fuel filter not long ago, I still have the stock plugs in. I was told it might be the cats, how can you tell if the cats are clogged? I have been stumped by this. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. also i have a predator tune in also, would that be harming it also. Thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 10:39 PM

Well for starters have you checked or cleaned your air filter? Is any debris blocking the intake, such as leaves or road trash? It's also about time to replace the plugs.While you're doing that, and if your usage and mileage dictate, yo might consider new wires, but I doubt that's causing any of your woes. You can also replace that 160 T-stat with the OEM unit. Heat=power, and efficiency. With these aluminum engines you can run them hotter. I doubt it's the catalytic converters. Have you done anything, such as increasing the fuel pressure? How about using injectors that are larger?
Old 05-19-2004, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

I just got rid of my k&n today and replaced it with a fram. I was wondering that maybe the MAF might have gotten dirty due to the K&n oil and for that reason it might be throwing off the sensor. I wasn't having problems with the mileage before even with the 160 stat in. I have not increased the fuel pressure or changed the injectors, but you are right I do need to change my plugs.Thanks.