New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tcs/ASR wont come off

Old 08-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tcs/ASR wont come off

Hello i need help with my camaro when i first bought the car the asr switch was not there it just had the blank cover on it but after i poped the cover i found a sensor just there next to the fog light switch and i was thinking it does have tcs because when i turn on the car i see the ASR light come on and right off and the low trac light as well so i went to buy a switch but still doesnt come off why

Sorry if its a dumb question
Old 08-26-2014, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably just cheaper at the factory to wire every car up whether it has the feature or not.

Does either light come on when you spin the tires? Do the brakes pump or the engine seem to lose power?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mercier
Probably just cheaper at the factory to wire every car up whether it has the feature or not.

Does either light come on when you spin the tires? Do the brakes pump or the engine seem to lose power?
When i do race my friends my low trac light comes on and she feels like she loses power
Old 08-26-2014, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,462 Likes on 1,054 Posts

The traction control module is located in the engine bay, right behind (and slightly above) the battery and is mounted to the shock tower. You will be able to find it easily because there will be cables running between it and the throttle body.

If you do not have that module in the engine bay, then the car does not have traction control.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Also look for the TCS module behind the PCM if the previous owner decided to relocate it.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The traction control module is located in the engine bay, right behind (and slightly above) the battery and is mounted to the shock tower. You will be able to find it easily because there will be cables running between it and the throttle body.

If you do not have that module in the engine bay, then the car does not have traction control.

I'm sorry if I am asking something dumb but do u have a picture of how it looks I read other people talk about this and they always point to a module on the driver side In the front of the engine bay I think it is the abs module I read that it had something to do with the TCS.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SS1998_maro
I'm sorry if I am asking something dumb but do u have a picture of how it looks I read other people talk about this and they always point to a module on the driver side In the front of the engine bay I think it is the abs module I read that it had something to do with the TCS.
In the image in post #11 of this thread the traction control module is circled in red. If you don't have this in the engine bay, behind the battery, you probably do not have traction control.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...on-00-ws6.html

You should also have a switch that looks like this on your console:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-02-Firebi...-/171403874062
Old 08-27-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I gave you a picture of the Camaro engine bay with TCS/ASR. The switch picture is from a Pontiac, not sure if the Camaro looks the same, but it should be in the same place.

Also, if you have this system on and you spin you rear tires, like doing a burn out or on gravel or whatever, you will feel your gas pedal kicking back at your foot giving you haptic feedback. It is pretty obvious when it happens.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tcs/ASR wont come off