alpine
44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

How many horse power will I have?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many horse power will I have?

hey,i am putting on hooker cat-back exhaust,flow-tech long tube headers,flow-tech off road y-pipe,magnaflow high flow cats,and a hyper tech chip,approximently(spelling) how much horsepower will i gain out of all that,for about a 1000 bux im really hoping that i will knock off acouple hundredths of a second.

2000 T/A WS6

my v-tuned spec r,type z,with my double overhead cam and universal muffler runs 19 seconds at 56 mph!!!!!LOL RICE SUX
Old 05-23-2004, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

maybe 35-40 hp? maybe less....can't be sure, every car responds somewhat different to each mod. the longtubes are gonna help you alot. the hooker is a great system. i'm waitin for that GP on gmmg myself tho. look into the ud pulley from asp as well.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=GOST-TA]hey,i am putting on hooker cat-back exhaust,flow-tech long tube headers,flow-tech off road y-pipe,magnaflow high flow cats,and a hyper tech chip,approximently(spelling) how much horsepower will i gain out of all that,for about a 1000 bux im really hoping that i will knock off acouple hundredths of a second.

headers are good. maybe 15-20hp uptop, and hypertech doesnt make a chip. its a programmer. i would steer clear of it. the tuning part of it is dum, but raising the rev limiter and shift points and setting the fans to come on earlier is pretty much what its good for. i wouldnt waste my money on it. i would save for LS1EDIT. that way u can tune the car as you add mods.

J
Old 05-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Teching In

I have hooker LTs, true duals w/ no crossover pipe, lid maf and ported TB and no tuning and dynoed at 340 RWHP and 355 RWTQ. TaJay is right. hypertech is junk and it is not unheard of to actually loose power with their programs. I would spend the money on a lid, descreen your maf (and port it if you want) same goes w/ TB. you will probably be in the neighborhood of 330-345 HP w/ matching TQ. Your numbers will be slightly less than those from an 01 or 02 LS1 as they were factory equipped w/ and LS6 intake.
Hope this helps
Old 05-23-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

do not port you MAF. there has been a debate forever about it! i did it to mine and the trans started to slip bcuz of line pressure etc etc. descreen if ya want but dont port it. i had to buy a stock one to put on and the trans has been fine ever since. granted the 01-02 have the LS6 intake but they have a more mild cam than we do. ill take the cam over an intake anyday

J
Old 05-23-2004, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

haha. my friend and i have the same mods and mine is an 01 and his is an 00 and i beat him everytime. we put our dyno graphs on top of one another and my midrange hp and torque are better than his from 3000 up. he just got he intake in though so we will see.