New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this AC compressor fit my engine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this AC compressor fit my engine?

Greetings all,

I have an 02 Camaro Ls1 I am putting into a project car. I have the AC bracket, but no ac compressor..found a great deal on some "new old stock" part number 25821958, PN cross references to a 2003-2010 Chevrolet Silverado GMC Sierra and the seller says it is listed as for a compressor for a 04-08 cadillac cts -v ls1. If I have the correct bracket for my engine, will this compressor fit..are all the Ls1 AC compressors interchangeable?? Thanks for the help...

BM
Old 10-31-2014, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No.

Also what are you putting this into, the low mount AC compressor doesn't fit most applications and would require notching the k member.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:01 AM
Teching In

Default compressor

Not concerned about the k member, there is not one being used for this application. So this will simply not bolt up to my block is what you are saying?

BM
Old 10-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Teching In

I have been told that the factory compressor will NOT work with Vintage Air and similar aftermarket systems. Check with the mfg of the system you are using.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boostmonkey
Not concerned about the k member, there is not one being used for this application. So this will simply not bolt up to my block is what you are saying?

BM
Might bolt up but probably not and the pulley wont line up with the belt. CTS-V uses the short belt spacing from the block, and trucks use long belt spacing, f-bodies are between the 2. Just out of curiosity what kind of car doesn't have a k member or engine cross member of some kind.

Quick Reply: Will this AC compressor fit my engine?