Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fluctuation!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fluctuation!

I was wondering if my car is the only one that does it or not. but my electrical system fluctuates radically. everywhere from the headlights to the taillights. I'm not sure if this is caused by a short or a bad ground but it's been doin this since I purchased the car. any info or in put is greatly ape revisited. thanks guys!
Old 11-30-2014, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by smokeyy_02
I was wondering if my car is the only one that does it or not. but my electrical system fluctuates radically. everywhere from the headlights to the taillights. I'm not sure if this is caused by a short or a bad ground but it's been doin this since I purchased the car. any info or in put is greatly ape revisited. thanks guys!
Have you checked all your grounds or even see if the battery ground is properly put on the battery? i had that happen one time when the ground to the battery was loose or it might be the battery itself.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Teching In

well I haven't replaced the battery but I'm pretty sure that the ground is tight on there. but I don't know what other grounds to check on exactly. I man the car holds good voltage. just the lights dim and brighten. like it's pulsating almost.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the fluctuation present in the headlights with the engine, key, everything else off(even door closed)? Or is the fluctuation there or pronounced only when the engine is running?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:43 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercier
Or is the fluctuation there or pronounced only when the engine is running?
This is how one of mine was when I first bought it (used). It just needed a new alternator. There was no pulsation in the lights when the engine was not running, so I immediately suspected the alternator and that was in fact the cause.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
This is how one of mine was when I first bought it (used). It just needed a new alternator. There was no pulsation in the lights when the engine was not running, so I immediately suspected the alternator and that was in fact the cause.
^^I was gonna suggest the alternator next too. Have it tested asap
Old 12-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Teching In

alright well I'll go and have it looked at. I thought abou that but wasn't really sure if that's what would be causing it. but it's always started and hasn't given me trouble but once cause I ran the battery dead. other than that she's been good. but yeah it's only doin it when the car is running not when the key is turned over. thanks for all the input guys! ��

Quick Reply: fluctuation!