New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Old 01-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

I have a 2002 Camaro Z28 with a 6.0 LQ9. I am getting a code for a MAP sensor and a code for a random multiple cylinder misfire. The car idles a little rough but not too bad. The car hesitates when getting it moving in first gear. While coming to a stop with the brake and clutch pedals pushed in the rpms fluctuate from 900 to 1200 rpm When i come to a complete stop it goes back to 1200 which is what my car is tuned to idle at. The MAP sensor code was on the car when I bought it, but it comes and goes. It went away then I got the random multiple misfire code, and a couple days later the MAP code came back. Any suggestions on how to get rid of these codes. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Last guy could have reused the intake manifold gaskets, could also be a cracked PCV hose. I would check all the hoses for the PCV first, then pull the intake and change the 8 "O" ring gaskets.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does this engine have a particularly wild cam in it? 1200RPM seems unnecessarily high--my suspicion is that if it really is tuned to idle at 1200 that is to mask some other problem or that the PCM is compensating(like something mentioned above by conan) But if it's a really big cam in a built motor perhaps. Am I wrong here guys?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!!!!