New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding fittings for ac hose

Old 01-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help finding fittings for ac hose

Hey guys just like the title says I need help finding the correct parts to extend or make my own air conditioning line. i only need one line the comes off the the top passenger side of the ac condenser. this is off a 2000 formula ls1 car btw... I need a 90 degree fitting coming off the condenser, and from that point on its a straight stretch. any help will be appreciated, thanks!!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Since you said "correct" parts I'm assuming you meant stock. I needed the same High Pressure line for my '99SS back in 2012. Ended up buying it from GM at the local Chevy dealer for around $90. I was not able to find an aftermarket replacement at the usual auto parts stores. I guess they don't fail enough to warrant duplicating it. They have at least 6 bends in them. There are also welded vertical fittings for the HP cutout sensor at the manifold connection and the charging/bleeder valve connection near the top of the condenser.

If your setup is no longer stock, you could have one of these made up from any number of sources. Must be lots of these in the junkyard as well.

Last edited by Firebrian; 01-18-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Launching!

I'm cut my header panel and did a vertical radistor setup for a turbo. My stock ac line doesn't fit, it is too short. I was holding to find someone that took a fuel line or something and made it work.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Call these guys:
http://jeepair.com/contacts

That is their Jeep-specific site but they are part of a larger company and sell everything for everything and pretty affordably. They can sell you the right fittings and hose by the foot.

Then hit the O'Reilly Auto website and look at stores in your area. There usually is one in/near every city with the equipment to make/crimp hydraulic hoses. Basically get the parts from above, mock it up and get it all just the way you want it, find your local store that does hoses, and take it over there and pay them a few bucks to crimp it for you. The folks at the first link will also let you do the same but ship the stuff back to them to have the ends crimped on.

Or if you are good at measuring they can just send it all to you already assembled. I say they are affordable as they sold me an entire kit to add AC to my Jeep for about $700. The hoses are a minor part of that cost I think.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

When I moved mine I when to the junk yard to find the correct fitting that have enough steel line attached that I could get a hose with compression fittings to attach to the steel tube. It wasn't cheep but it worked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help finding fittings for ac hose