Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on deciding

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on deciding

I have about 200 dollars saved up and I NEED some better tires now that I've got this TCI SSF3500 stall. BFGs, Nittos or E/T streets? BFGS and Nittos would run me about 300 for the pair. Someone was selling a pair of E/T streets and is asking 180 for them. I'll try to talk him down, but I was told that the ETs would kill my rear-end. If I were to get ET streets then I'd just put them on another set of rims, take them to the track and put them on there. I'd only use them for the track... What should I do?? Just save up for Nittos instead or should I just save up to get a stronger Torque Arm?? OR should I install the 3.42s that I've got laying around for me?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:00 AM
TECH Veteran

If your car is a daily driver get the Nitto's. If you only use it at the track get the ET Street's.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:09 AM
12 Second Club

Daily Driver+Nittos is nicccccccee...ET Streets track only...if you break the rear end...well suspension is one onf the most important things for any racing car...but if it does break get a 12-bolt lol...btw did you look into BFG's? they would give you like the best of both worlds, great street performance and a killer track performance. not sure on price but they would probably be nicer

just my .02
adam
Old 05-30-2004, 10:04 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another vote for the Nitto's
Old 05-30-2004, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Nittos work pretty good. Just be carefull when drivin in the rain once they are worn down a bit! I mean careful as in 35mph on the highway when it's raining. I lost control of my car on the highway in a light rain at 50mph. Regained control goin backwards at about 45 and managed to swerve and get her on the shoulder barley being missed by a semi doin 75 or 80! No more DRs for me, ETs work so much better at the track so I will be gettting another set of wheels for the track. I do have a nine inch tho. I killed the 10bolt twice on nittos with nice easy launches. Others have lived longer but the bottom line is once you start putting some hook on there the rearend is not going to like it.

Brad
Old 05-30-2004, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nittos!!! They easily outlast the BFG's and they handle rain much better (they get bad when they start going bald and losing the middle section of tread, but the BFG's start with the middle practically as a slick and can't be good in rain) Also, if you heat the nittos up well they are suppose to stick very well at the track.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the advice guys. Hopefully I'll win the lotto so I can get myself a 12 bolt.