Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 TA no power??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_bowtie83
Could i swap the injectors around on the cylinders and see if the dead cylinder follows the injector?
you could do that to. does your car burn oil or smoke at all?
Old 04-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allmotor1
you could do that to. does your car burn oil or smoke at all?
no smoke or oil burn i hooked a noid light up and am getting signal and i can feel the injector clicking can it still be bad if it clicking?
Old 04-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Launching!

no smoke or oil burn i hooked a noid light up and am getting signal and i can feel the injector clicking can it still be bad if it clicking?
It could be clogged. Also try a compression test to see how all the cylinders are holding compression. When you changed your plugs did you change the wires and the coil pack?
Old 04-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Staging Lane

It could be clogged. Also try a compression test to see how all the cylinders are holding compression. When you changed your plugs did you change the wires and the coil pack?
I changed all 8 coils and new wires
Old 04-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Launching!

I changed all 8 coils and new wires
Its most likely in the injectors then if its not running on all of the cylinders. Good chance one or two overtime have gotton clogged and are not not always spraying or arent spraying fuel
Old 04-28-2015, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Its most likely in the injectors then if its not running on all of the cylinders. Good chance one or two overtime have gotton clogged and are not not always spraying or arent spraying fuel
so i had an idea and while the car was running i unplugged the coils one at a time and the engine tone changed each time...hows this possible with a cold cylinder?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Launching!

so i had an idea and while the car was running i unplugged the coils one at a time and the engine tone changed each time...hows this possible with a cold cylinder?
Hmmmm. Im thinking maybe one or two injectors are not spraying everytime or not enough fuel. Try a compression test maybe you have excessive blow by.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Hmmmm. Im thinking maybe one or two injectors are not spraying everytime or not enough fuel. Try a compression test maybe you have excessive blow by.
I will have to get a compression gauge as mine needs Schraders but if i had excessive blow by wouldn't it smoke oruse oil?
Old 04-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Launching!

I will have to get a compression gauge as mine needs Schraders but if i had excessive blow by wouldn't it smoke oruse oil?
I believe its possible. How about your throttle body and intake are they clean? Your throttle body might be dirty and be alittle clogged. Check your airfilter as well. You said before ses light was on check the codes.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Ok so i did a compression test when and borrowed one that cylinder was about 15psi down from the rest
Old 04-28-2015, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Ok so i did a compression test when and borrowed one that cylinder was about 15psi down from the rest
Check to see if thats within spec. Also check yohr throttle bady and filter to see if they are clean.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Check to see if thats within spec. Also check yohr throttle bady and filter to see if they are clean.
throttle body is clean and i have a brand new k&n filter. I dont think the motor is healthy. Ive been wanting to build a stroker for a while guess its about time....lol
Old 04-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Launching!

throttle body is clean and i have a brand new k&n filter. I dont think the motor is healthy. Ive been wanting to build a stroker for a while guess its about time....lol
what were the numbers? i agree if its dead build it stronger!
Old 04-28-2015, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

what were the numbers? i agree if its dead build it stronger!
I don't remember exactly right off i know it was like 8.1 to 1 on the bad one and 10.3 to 1 on the others
Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Doesn't this happen sometimes with long tube installs? I think I've read threads like this before?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SlasherVRGR
Doesn't this happen sometimes with long tube installs? I think I've read threads like this before?
I dont think putting long tubes on would make it feel shower
Old 04-29-2015, 07:17 AM
11 Second Club

As far as power no clue never been tuned or dynoed to my knowledge. If i had to guess seat of the pants 250-300 my lt car was dynoed at 330 to the tires and its not even a close race my wife drove the lt car in drive letting the car shift and pulled me 2 to 3 car lengths before it shifted to 2nd
None car doesn't smoke rattle or knock just no *****. Im thinking it needs a tune but dont want to waste the money as i plan on h/c/i mods in the future Which will require a tune then as well. Im almost thinking it needs a motor?? ive always been amazed at even stock ls1 cars at the track but needless to say very disappointed in this one
Well I would definitely check out that cylinder with lower compression and possibly the injectors. But, most of the time when you install headers you have to get it tunes or it doesn't run right. I've read threads where people don't tune their car and they don't have any issues. But I have also read more forums where everyone says it's a Must to have your car tuned after your headers are installed. Take it for what it's worth and it sounds like there may be a few problems going on here, but I would probably get it tuned after you check the other two things. GL
Old 04-29-2015, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm almost positive I've read posts of people swapping in long tubes and needing a tune to make thing proper again. I could be mistaken though.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

But would long tubes or any other of my mods make the compression ratio on one cylinder to drop?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Launching!

But would long tubes or any other of my mods make the compression ratio on one cylinder to drop?
No. If you have the chance to again try doing a wet compression test on the cylinder that was lower. If it goes up the rings are bad.

Quick Reply: 1999 TA no power??