New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing truck accessories to F body for clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing truck accessories to F body for clearance?

I'm new to LS engines/swaps and I have a truck 5.3 (LM7) that I am swapping into a car with very limited space. I've been reading on serpentine systems and what is the most compact.

It seems the F body serpentine system tucks it in closer to the engine...where the truck pushes it out closer to the radiator. Is this correct?

What's more desirable/typically used?...the truck water pumps/accessories to space it out...or the F body to gain more clearance?

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to find someone to trade parts with... or if everyone is looking for the F body balancer and other parts?

I will only be running an alternator (no ac and no power steering).
Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

tell us what kind of car. truck stuff is quite common so its only worth what someone pay for it. but if somebody doesnt have anything you probably do ok. camaro balancer i think 1/2 inch shorter? lsbrackets.com check them out on brackets.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 76larkman
tell us what kind of car. truck stuff is quite common so its only worth what someone pay for it. but if somebody doesnt have anything you probably do ok. camaro balancer i think 1/2 inch shorter? lsbrackets.com check them out on brackets.

Like this guy said, it depends on the car its going in.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by N20zuki
Like this guy said, it depends on the car its going in.

yeh.... I'm used to dealing with cars where you need every 1/4" you can get (which is the case in my current situation)

When I started looking around at LS swaps...the first thing I saw on spacing was guys actually needing to push their fan out CLOSER to the radiator.

Quick Reply: changing truck accessories to F body for clearance?