Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
^ So true....once the modding starts, it can quickly snowball. OP if you have $2500 now, you might even consider selling or trading/upgrading with somebody who already dumped a ton of money in their Camaro....I see built cam/heads, stroked, and turbo LS1 cars pushing 500+HP for sale all the time around here, and they usually aren't bringing much more than stock blue book prices. Depends on the mileage and condition of your car...where's your sig anyway?

It might be better to spend 2-3K and end up with 500HP than spend 5-10K on your car....just saying!
This is certainly the best bang for the buck by far. Get $10,000 in mods/upgrades for $2500 or less by finding a modded car that is to your liking.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool LS1 Upgrades

$2500 for cam and Nitrous could possibly make 450 RWHP - that would assume you are a master mechanic and does not include the tune. It would be good for a pass or two (assuming you could borrow some drag radials) at which point the rear end would probably implode if you dead hook at launch. Mine makes 430 streetable HP (no power adder) at the tire and 28 highway MPG - goal was to be near bulletproof (has been for 4 years since build). Stock bottom end and T-56 with everything else upgraded - cost was 5X your number. It's worth about the same as when I started with the lid, exhaust, and tune.

Quick Reply: LS1 upgrades?