New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with car in Germany..its going to crap

Old 06-06-2004, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with car in Germany..its going to crap

Alright its not mine exactly its one of the other guys that works in my shops. Its a 2001 WS-6 M6. Hes burned out two clutches (one aftermarket the other GM) he cracked all four rotors on the autobahn, and he said that nothing electrical will work worth a piece, the car only has 40K miles on it. I know that its an American Spec car and that its not really supposed to deal with 100MPH spees everyday but that is crazy for a car to have that much happen to it...anyone give advice to me for him to make his baby be his baby again I dont' want him to sell it to get a Mercedes or something
Old 06-06-2004, 10:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tell him to sell it to you, cheap, and you can replace
the friction surfaces. As to the electricals, couldn't
say. Sounds like the main problem is a whining sound
coming from the driver's seat.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Old 06-06-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Electrical problems are tough to diagnose over the internet. Best bet is to order the Helms service manuals (Check with one Gene at Fred Beans Pontiac, he can get them for you) and get a test meter.

On the brakes, I'm willing to bet cracking the rotors is a result of improper brake maintenance. For example, they need to be replaced whenever they get less than minimum thickness.

The car IS capable of dealing with 100+mph on a regular basis, thanks to big brakes, good aerodynamics, and a superb cooling system. Don't ask me how I know

There is a web site for people with F-Bodys in europe, do a google search for it.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone know anything about the clutch though? That seems to biggest thing he is upset with since hes burned out 3 tech. and each has only last him 6 mo. on average. I dont know how well of a driver he is, but I do know that its kind of hard to burn them out that fast..right???

Search this Thread