Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
3000 + stall converter
Long tubes
Off road Y-pipe
Cutout
Lid
Tune

Stall is the best mod hands down IMO for an auto and makes the car way more fun to drive
Yeah, I was looking at a 3200 stall with a trans cooler. The one I found was like a grand, are all the good ones that expensive? I don't mind paying a little more if it means not jack-hammering my transmission into the junkyard. I figured I'd be OK since I'm not going big cam and turbo etc.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernRex
Yeah, I was looking at a 3200 stall with a trans cooler. The one I found was like a grand, are all the good ones that expensive? I don't mind paying a little more if it means not jack-hammering my transmission into the junkyard. I figured I'd be OK since I'm not going big cam and turbo etc.

It's going to drive like **** as a daily driver. Go ask for a ride in one with a stall.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Bird
It's going to drive like **** as a daily driver. Go ask for a ride in one with a stall.
With a 3200? I heard the exact opposite. I understand with a really high stall, but just a 3200?
Old 08-27-2015, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plenty of people on here that have no issues daily driving their 3600-4000 stall , as long as its a quality brand lock up ( yank ,vigilante ,circle d etc..) and tuned properly with a good cooler its fine.

all the reputable stall manufacturers offer 1 free restall to get your purchase to be to your satisfaction , most go conservative then restall up into the 3600-4000 range. spend some time in the transmission section paying attention to stall advice and you will see what I am saying.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Two more questions for you O.G.s.

On the 102 FAST LSXr

Amazon.com: Fast 146302B LSXr Black 102 mm Intake Manifold: Automotive

I can just put the EGR right in that hole right? I don't want to do any kind of sensor deletes.

Also, is the TB-coolant bypass anything that would trigger any kind of code or sensor problem? Where I live it's insanely hot 300 of the 356 days, I don't need my air warmed.
These questions got buried, just wanted to bring them to the front.

No rush, I know people have lives and are busy, just thought it might have been overlooked. Thanks for all the information so far, you guys are the best.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Also, is the TB-coolant bypass anything that would trigger any kind of code or sensor problem? Where I live it's insanely hot 300 of the 356 days, I don't need my air warmed.

Mine never threw any codes
Old 08-29-2015, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh my God, the raise/lower arm bar for the headlights will NOT COME OFF. I am trying to do the free headlight fix (rotating the plastic gear 180*). I have applied liquid wrench liberally like 6 times now and they feel welded. I'm not a weak guy either, and I'm scared I'm going to damage the motor or something somehow.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Teching In

By the way, is it normal for the throttle to kind of bounce between gears when going WOT? My guess was the computer was overriding the engine speed for a safe shift, but I don't actually know enough about these cars to be sure. It only happens if I'm absolutely flooring it.
What was causing this ? Traction Control ?
Old 08-29-2015, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DynOmite
What was causing this ? Traction Control ?
I'm actually starting to think that, because one time the "low traction" light came on while I felt it.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Teching In

I'm actually starting to think that, because one time the "low traction" light came on while I felt it.
Should have a switch right below the ac vents to turn it off , see how it does then .. the first 02 z28 I had was equipped with traction control, tripped me out the first time I felt a car with it , was super helpful in the rain with the 6 spd ..

I'm sure someone is gonna buy an f body one of these days with traction control , but no button , lol ..
Old 08-29-2015, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good stuff here. Subscribing...
Old 08-29-2015, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh my God, the raise/lower arm bar for the headlights will NOT COME OFF. I am trying to do the free headlight fix (rotating the plastic gear 180*). I have applied liquid wrench liberally like 6 times now and they feel welded. I'm not a weak guy either, and I'm scared I'm going to damage the motor or something somehow.
Is it rusted on there?
Make sure the headlight is in a position as not to bind that arm up, making it harder to pull off. You did take the nut off right?
Old 08-29-2015, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Is it rusted on there?
Make sure the headlight is in a position as not to bind that arm up, making it harder to pull off. You did take the nut off right?
Haha, yes the nut is off. What do you mean though, I thought the headlight should be all the way up? I was supporting it with my other hand (cause I knew it would drop after taking it off.)

It won't even budge, after multiple applications it pulls the motor with it. Parts of it are starting to bend if I pull too hard, jeez with this thing.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The garage I brought it to only put 5 quarts of oil in it for an oil change (I could do this myself but I have a credit card with them.)

Doesn't this take 6? What the hell, I thought their computer told them by the engine. Was it dangerous driving home like this? I immediately put in a half a quart more, and the dipstick seems to say its OK now.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up on you tube for the headlight fix.
The oil change, the shop is dumb. It should take 6. But won't hurt anything with a quart low.
It won't hurt anything running the coolant bypass. I ran mine for years like that. The only thing it does is allow the throttle body to run cooler and allow the incoming air to maintain a lower temp for better fuel atomization, in turn allowing a better combustion process making slightly more power, probably nothing to be felt, but maybe seen in fuel mileage.
The more air you can get in and out, and faster, the more power the engine can make and run efficiently. One thing that a lot of people overlook when trying to get as much power out of their engine is a oil catch can. A catch can removes oil vapors from the pcv system allowing the fuel to maintain its proper octane rating so that the oil vapors don't get mixed into the fuel/ air mixture.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by taman86
Look up on you tube for the headlight fix.
The oil change, the shop is dumb. It should take 6. But won't hurt anything with a quart low.
It won't hurt anything running the coolant bypass. I ran mine for years like that. The only thing it does is allow the throttle body to run cooler and allow the incoming air to maintain a lower temp for better fuel atomization, in turn allowing a better combustion process making slightly more power, probably nothing to be felt, but maybe seen in fuel mileage.
The more air you can get in and out, and faster, the more power the engine can make and run efficiently. One thing that a lot of people overlook when trying to get as much power out of their engine is a oil catch can. A catch can removes oil vapors from the pcv system allowing the fuel to maintain its proper octane rating so that the oil vapors don't get mixed into the fuel/ air mixture.
Thanks, man. I got the headlights fixed the next day, was just a matter of letting that liquid wrench soak in more. They broke free eventually.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My windows intermittently stop working, but my radio (aftermarket) and post-run car power work perfectly.

Basically if I have the window move more than 10 inches at a time it will lock up and the button becomes completely unresponsive for 20-40 seconds and then I can move it another 5-10 inches.

Do you guys think that both of my window motors are going out at the same time, or is it the BCM so many people talk about? (I was reading the write-up on the soldering issue.)

I ask because it's just the windows, everything else is 100% without issue.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Huh, even more interesting, the passenger side window works great if I open the door. I guess the rubber is all swelled up maybe?
Old 09-13-2015, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry for multiple posts. How do you guys feel about the Fast Toys Ram Air? There seems to be a lot of positive feedback, including from sites you guys recommended to me.

I was thinking my first mod then is the filter/lid while on the bottom part doing the free cut-out and the Fast Toys RamAir. It doesn't really seem that expensive.

Quick Reply: Best small-game LS1 / WS6 upgrades?