New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pulley system

Old 06-14-2004, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pulley system

anybody here knows where i could get a performance pulley system for an ls1 t/a, or atleast an underdrive pulley set up?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

where do i get the asp pulley, one of the sponsors on the side has it New Era Performance but are he ythe ones that sale it, are they asp, or is there somewhere else here where to get it?? please let me know
Old 06-14-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

a bunch of sponsers sell the ASP. Just do shop around to see who will give you the best price. Also look out for group purchases in the sponsers section. There have been a few lately. You should also look into the March pulley. It's fluid dampened and March has always made a great product. I just installed my March pulley yesterday, so I don't have any numbers yet, but I could feel a difference.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

so wich one is better the asp or the march? and do i need to get new belts for either one?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

ASP is proven to work. The March pulley is new for the LS1s, but it is fluid dampened, which is better. It reduces knock retard. I think they basically produce about the same results though. You will need new belts for any underdrive pulley you get. Sometimes they are included in the package. I got my pulley, belts and new bolt for $200. you just have to look out for good deals.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sunsetz28
ASP is proven to work. The March pulley is new for the LS1s, but it is fluid dampened, which is better. It reduces knock retard. I think they basically produce about the same results though. You will need new belts for any underdrive pulley you get. Sometimes they are included in the package. I got my pulley, belts and new bolt for $200. you just have to look out for good deals.
who did you get yours from?? also is there any clearence issue, does it just fit or does it have a little bit of extra room? The reason i ask is because i put a double timing chain on and it took up a little extra space. iam a little concern with clearence. i mean did yours fit fine?

Last edited by zamboxl; 06-14-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

I got it from Scoggin Dickey. No clearance issues. It It is smaller than the factory pulley. It fits great. I would think it would fit if your original pulley fits. If you install it yourself make sure you have a longer crank bolt to get it on. It will save alot of time. Trust me.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sunsetz28
I got it from Scoggin Dickey. No clearance issues. It It is smaller than the factory pulley. It fits great. I would think it would fit if your original pulley fits. If you install it yourself make sure you have a longer crank bolt to get it on. It will save alot of time. Trust me.
cool thanks. o yea i know wich one you talking bout i saw it on their site too o man that one is pricey. i think iam just gona get the asp. thanks for the help.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zamboxl
cool thanks. o yea i know wich one you talking bout i saw it on their site too o man that one is pricey. i think iam just gona get the asp. thanks for the help.
No problem.

Search this Thread