Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sleeper Colorado costs ?? 5.3 vs 6.0 and N/A vs Forced

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleeper Colorado costs ?? 5.3 vs 6.0 and N/A vs Forced

So I sold my built 400 sbc 1972 Chevy c10 a few months ago and I'm wanting to do a newer fuel injected project truck , few months back I came across Denmah / SloppyMechanics sleeper Colorado and I would like to do something similar, but since this would be my first newer style build I'm not sure on the costs and effort involved. I've purchased the truck and the 4 banger is stil In the truck till I figure what motor and setup I want to do.

Originally I wanted to go 5.3 since they are plentiful but a lot of people are saying spend the few extra bucks on a 6.0 , I guess for more power per displacement. I'm theory I'd like to turbo it since it seems like it would be great for making it a sleeper, I'd say the power range I'd like to go for would be 400-600ish as that seems reasonable and street able if I wanted to drive it on the regular. My 72 with the built motor was great for passing everything but a gas station and couldn't take it out late at night due to not wanting to wake the neighbors.

I've found a truck series 6.0 with a 4l80 , with an alleged 70k for $2k thru a local yard ( he says if 4l80 alone that would be $650 , so the package seems like a deal ? )

What kinda of costs differences numbers wise am I looking at between building a 6.0 vs the 5.3 , and then what additional costs am I looking at for making it a turbo setup vs just direct motor drop in. I was estimating 3-4K to turbo it ?

Quick Reply: Sleeper Colorado costs ?? 5.3 vs 6.0 and N/A vs Forced