New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building a 03 Silverado, Anyone on here have info!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a 03 Silverado, Anyone on here have info!

Hey guys. Sold my boosted WS6 a bit ago and was itching to build something new. Just picked up an 03 Silverado. SCSB 2wd. Going to need some rust repair which I have set the ball in motion today (New England Rot FTL). Rockers and cab corners are pretty haggard, and the driver side floor is pooched. I picked it up for $1500 though, and the rest of the truck seems good. Its a V6 which is ****, but I'll be in the market for a 5.3 soon to boost and toss in. It's a 5 speed also, so I'll be going to a 4l80e. I have a few Q's to kick it off.

1: Is there a particular rear end I should be after, and will a 4x4 rear end work on a 2wd? I'm assuming yes but its never safe to assume lol. I hear the truck 10 bolts are a little more stout than the F body 10 bolt. I have 4:10's in my Fbody, and that was a 10 bolt. Somehow it survived 600+whp, so I'm looking to roll them dice again lmao.

2: If using stock rear end, whats the widest wheel I can fit in the back with an average radial without rubbing, and about what offset would I be looking for.

3: Has anyone here done the manual to auto swap in a truck of this year that can tell me if its worth the trouble to hook up a column shifter, or can I just toss it on the floor haha?

Think thats it for now. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-07-2016, 03:54 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best bet is to ask over here http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/
Old 04-07-2016, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alowerlevel
Best bet is to ask over here http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/
Awesome thanks. I figured worse case, someone could point me in the direction of a reliable forum. Thanks again!
Old 04-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSX14
Hey guys. Sold my boosted WS6 a bit ago and was itching to build something new. Just picked up an 03 Silverado. SCSB 2wd. Going to need some rust repair which I have set the ball in motion today (New England Rot FTL). Rockers and cab corners are pretty haggard, and the driver side floor is pooched. I picked it up for $1500 though, and the rest of the truck seems good. Its a V6 which is ****, but I'll be in the market for a 5.3 soon to boost and toss in. It's a 5 speed also, so I'll be going to a 4l80e. I have a few Q's to kick it off.

1: Is there a particular rear end I should be after, and will a 4x4 rear end work on a 2wd? I'm assuming yes but its never safe to assume lol. I hear the truck 10 bolts are a little more stout than the F body 10 bolt. I have 4:10's in my Fbody, and that was a 10 bolt. Somehow it survived 600+whp, so I'm looking to roll them dice again lmao.

2: If using stock rear end, whats the widest wheel I can fit in the back with an average radial without rubbing, and about what offset would I be looking for.

3: Has anyone here done the manual to auto swap in a truck of this year that can tell me if its worth the trouble to hook up a column shifter, or can I just toss it on the floor haha?

Think thats it for now. Thanks for the help!
Hey have you found any information on this swap yet?
I just picked up an 05 Silverado WT with a hurting V6 that has half a million miles on it and I'm looking to do an LS Swap in it. sooner rather than later since the current motor is leaking oil and I rather not invest any money into it if I'm just going to pull it out.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Building a 03 Silverado, Anyone on here have info!