Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crank Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank Position Sensor

On an LS1 there is a "gear" on the crank that the sensor reads that sends the info to the PCM so it knows what position the crank is at . Does a LS6 use a different gear than an LS1 ? This is the problem , the engine cranks and we can hear the fuel pump running but it will not fire up , got a code , crank position sensor. The car had an LS6 that got toasted , we put in the cam and PCM from the LS6 but I now have an LS1 . Could that be messing up the PCM? Should we put the PCM from the LS1 engine back in ? Thank you for any info.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure the crank position sensor is actually in the block. My buddy ran into this problem the other day, we never looked because the starter was already on
Old 05-15-2016, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, it is in, pulled the starter to check the connections. Not the problem . Had the engine out to do the cam, tubular a-arms and k-member , did not touch the crank.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

The car is running, somehow one of the (lots of bad words) pins on the connector to the crank position sensor got bent and was not making a connection. PCM does not know what position the crank is at ,so no power to fire. Dyno next , I should be over 425 RWHP .

Quick Reply: Crank Position Sensor