Sponsored by:

AC Hose Replacement - Which Gasket to Use

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question AC Hose Replacement - Which Gasket to Use

Gents,

I replaced the "Front Refrigerant Liquid Hose" ACDelco 15-33164 hose and I didn't pay attention to the gasket that is required.

The male end that goes near the radiator is sealed but I cannot get the connection at the back of the engine bay to seal.

I've tried both the green Orings and the metal gaskets but it doesn't seal. I'm sure it is that back connection that is leaking.

Any advice? I searched for hours but couldn't find any tips or threads on this.

Thank you!
Old 06-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Here is a picture of the gasket options. Why the heck are there so many options!!!

http://www.carid.com/2000-pontiac-fi...-78494759.html
Old 06-22-2016, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought that I had used just the green gaskets.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:13 AM
11 Second Club

I was under the impression that it came with them already in it? Did you get this one? https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15-33..._d_product_top
The reason I'm asking is because I'm getting ready to get the one that bolts to the compressor, but if it doesn't, then I'll just swap mine over to it. Do you still have your old line that you can look to see what ones are in it?

I just got off work and don't know if I'll get a chance tomorrow, but if you don't find out by Saturday, I'll pull mine off and take a picture of what ones in mine so you can hopefully get the right one.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Yes that is the part that I ordered. It came with an o-ring for the front connection but not the back connection. Why they would do it that way is beyond me.

When you order the AC gaskets you get a bag full of them but no reference to which one you need. There are 15 different sizes and kinds so it is mildly confusing.

My problem was I didn't pay close enough attention when I disconnected the pipe. But now my car blows cold air so it was all worth it!
Old 06-24-2016, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Batmobile-WS6
Yes that is the part that I ordered. It came with an o-ring for the front connection but not the back connection. Why they would do it that way is beyond me.

When you order the AC gaskets you get a bag full of them but no reference to which one you need. There are 15 different sizes and kinds so it is mildly confusing.

My problem was I didn't pay close enough attention when I disconnected the pipe. But now my car blows cold air so it was all worth it!
So it isn't leaking anymore? Or should I still pull mine off tomorrow and see what oring/gasket is in it?
Old 06-24-2016, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, my connection is no longer leaking. I didn't update the thread because I thought I deleted it. It turned out to be the connection above it that wasn't sitting flush. I used another gasket and it held a vacuum of -25 for an hour. The air is cold cold cold!
Old 06-24-2016, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Awesome man! I hope to get mine running tomorrow. My hotside burnt right through mine and it's so hot outside that I don't even feel like breaking my motor in lol.

Quick Reply: AC Hose Replacement - Which Gasket to Use