Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think i have a lemon z28

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think i have a lemon z28

First I ran using the gtech and ran 13.33@108.8. It must have been mistaken tho.

I raced the mach1 from a roll tonight and traction wasnt an issue. He pulled like a car lenght on me in no time. Theres a trans am that has a pulley,cutout,lid, and free mods. He always beats the mach. I just dont understand. I thought 02 were suppose to be faster than the 99. I have posted about this before and i thought it might just be me but now im not so sure.

Could my car have a bad tune? What else could be wrong. I know i need to get to the track. I planned to but it rained.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Are you sure traction wasn't an issue?? Was the Mach 1 manual?? Your car is pretty much stock. Only thing you and I have different is the exhaust and gears. (I've got crappy 2.73s) Just because you can't hear the screeching of your tires doesn't mean that you're hooking. Your MPH is there... for a low 13/high 12 pass. I'm sure there's nothing wrong. Before I got my stall, our mods were pretty much the same and I was hitting 13.6@105. But I'm sure I lost a couple tenths due to traction, humidity, and crappy suspension (from behind my car looks like it's about 2 inches lower on the right side). Just keep in mind your car is pretty much STILL stock and with the exception of the gears. And if that Mach 1 was a manual, going from a roll is probably why you lost to him. It's a bitch for an A4 to beat a manual from a roll. Trust me, I ran against an Lt1 that was hitting 14.1 from a roll and I beat him by only about 3-4 cars. What tires are you running on?
Old 06-20-2004, 02:07 AM
TECH Addict

those things arent really acurate in MPH. but the time should be right

Mach 1's can trap over 106 stock, so id say from a roll, you got the inevitable outcome.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

The mach was manual. The day before he ran 13.45@109 but it was about 15 degrees hotter that day. The think that i cant get over is that the 99 trans am runs 13.00 and is neck and neck with the mach. The trans ams mods are a cutout ,pulley, smooth bellow, lid and thats it. I have goodyear rs-a tires. The mach has diablo, no cats with an x pipe, and a few more small things. I understand i shouldnt be able to run w/ him from a roll but the trans am is an a4 and beats him from a roll. If not for the 99 trans am running so strong i would think my car was bad but we have the same engine except i have extras he dont stock such as the ls6 intake,,, ect.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

u need to ditch those tires. they are horrible for traction.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

Don't mean to burst bubbles or to be rude but it sounds right to me. Just because one car does this, and it's an LS1, doesn't mean that yours can to. Way too many different things to consider. I think many stock LS1s have fallen victim to Mach 1s. Not to offend saying "stock" but all you have is a catback and a lid right? Can't really expect those to work wonders. I don't see how people can rely on those G-techs as their times. Get to a track and get some actual numbers on your car.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:57 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Unforgiven1
I don't see how people can rely on those G-techs as their times. Get to a track and get some actual numbers on your car.
I don't care how accurate anyone says those things are, I discount any info from anything like that.

It needs to be a time slip or a dyno sheet for me to give 2 *****.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

I know the gtech isnt anywhere near the best thing, seems like everytime i try to go to the track it rains tho. My problem wasnt falling to the mach it was more the the 99 can beat me so bad. i know ls1 arent the same i believe he got one of the better ones and i got one of the worst. Oh well life goes on a guess.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Teching In

I lost against a Mach 1 with headers in 1/8 of a mile, he ran 8.8 sec trap speed 82 mph and my time was 9.10 sec trap speed of 84 mph.

Originally Posted by Unforgiven1
Don't mean to burst bubbles or to be rude but it sounds right to me. Just because one car does this, and it's an LS1, doesn't mean that yours can to. Way too many different things to consider. I think many stock LS1s have fallen victim to Mach 1s. Not to offend saying "stock" but all you have is a catback and a lid right? Can't really expect those to work wonders. I don't see how people can rely on those G-techs as their times. Get to a track and get some actual numbers on your car.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
I know the gtech isnt anywhere near the best thing, seems like everytime i try to go to the track it rains tho. My problem wasnt falling to the mach it was more the the 99 can beat me so bad. i know ls1 arent the same i believe he got one of the better ones and i got one of the worst. Oh well life goes on a guess.
Becareful who works on your car too, a minor adjustment can hamper up performance it has happened to me when i had a mechanic shop change the fluids of my car. Also I have used both 76 gas and Cheveron and my car feels the difference it reacts a bit quicker when i use Cheveron I don't know if others have noticed simuler results but I've noticed it in my car.

Look into the Slp y pipe and the loud mouth exhaust, I seen noticable power gains when I purchsed it together.

I lost some power with the flowmast muffler i had 2and a half inch tips so I went with 3 in tips and felt a bit better after take off but still lost some power. I don't recommend the flowmaster I honestly can say from my experiance that the factory exhaust was less restricted then the flowmaster. But to be fair the complete exhaust system was stock except the muffler but I'am very have happy with the slp parts but if you don't like a loud exhaust then the loud mouth is not for you but I would still get the y pipe but thats my experiance with the slp parts and flowmaster muffler. Hope this helps.