Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tensioner and idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tensioner and idle problems

I've been trying to get the car running but having some hold ups (of course). 2 problems. 1) my serpentine belt won't stay on because the tensioner is too far back. I have all stock f body accessories so I don't know why it's not aligned. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I'll attach a picture so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about. I checked other threads on the topic but didn't come up with anything applicable to my situation.

I also got the car to run but it will only run at wot. I checked all the vacuum lines for leaks and found none. My maf, tps, and idc sensors are all brand new. I'm hoping it's because I haven't had a chance to get the ecu tuned yet and I modified the motor so much. A friend of mine said it should still idle, so I'm hoping it's something simple. I'm all ears if anyone has some suggestions.

The ecu is a stand alone harness from street and performance for an ls1. I have an ls1 block, crank, and coil packs, ls6 heads (milled), intake and tb, with 36 pound injectors, lunatic can 219/223, with race tech pistons and rings. The is a fresh rebuild and this would be the first time I started it
Old 08-29-2016, 07:26 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Try a truck tensioner, they stick out farther.

Your injector/cam combo is likely why it won't run at idle.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hard to see why you are experiencing the issue with the original tensioner, but your issue with the vehicle running is no doubt a result of the modifications you have made and the vehicle not being tuned yet. I recommend not running the engine anymore unless you put the stock injectors back in, or get a base tune to at least cover the injector swap. Don't want to hurt a good engine because its dumping way too much fuel into the cylinders.

Aaron @ Scoggin Dickey Parts Center
Email:Aaron387@sdparts.com
Phone: 1-800-456-0211 Ext: 324

Quick Reply: Tensioner and idle problems