New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catalytic Converter Delete, 02 sensor questions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalytic Converter Delete, 02 sensor questions??

Okay here is the deal. One morning I started my car, noticed some rattling. I was rather freaked out at first. Anyways lifted it up, came to the conclusion with a friend that part of the honeycomb pieces had chipped, thus causing the noise. Its annoying and embarrassing lol. So I figure I'd like to do a delete, because to be honest I would like my car to be louder. Now I'm not worried about removing the catalytic converter, I have questions regarding the 02 sensor. Say I were to remove the cats, would the 02 sensors freak out and cause my car to run funny? On top of that are there 02 sensors before the cats? I know there are some right after. But would removing the catalytic converters and not touching the 02 sensors cause my car to run weird? Any knowledge of this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Deleting the cats will not cause anything to run weird. You will get an SES light, as the cats won't be working if they are deleted, but otherwise it will be fine and run normal. The SES light can be deleted with a custom tune or even a set of O2 simulators if you don't want a tune - and it's the rear O2s that you'll want to delete (via tuning) to avoid the SES light, not the fronts.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Deleting the cats will not cause anything to run weird. You will get an SES light, as the cats won't be working if they are deleted, but otherwise it will be fine and run normal. The SES light can be deleted with a custom tune or even a set of O2 simulators if you don't want a tune - and it's the rear O2s that you'll want to delete (via tuning) to avoid the SES light, not the fronts.
Ah thank you so much! How much would those simulators cost do you think?
Old 09-04-2016, 11:16 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Originally Posted by 98LS_1
Ah thank you so much! How much would those simulators cost do you think?
I believe we have two site sponsors selling them, Speed Inc. and WS6store. I don't recall pricing off hand, but you can check their websites. Not many places still sell the sims as most folks opt for custom tuning these days.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I believe we have two site sponsors selling them, Speed Inc. and WS6store. I don't recall pricing off hand, but you can check their websites. Not many places still sell the sims as most folks opt for custom tuning these days.

Thank you so much! Just checked speed ink they do in fact have it. Thank you for the help👍🏼

Quick Reply: Catalytic Converter Delete, 02 sensor questions??