New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Admitting failure to save someone money in the future

Old 09-14-2016, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Admitting failure to save someone money in the future

I want to start out by saying I apologize for the inaccurate description of that parts of the fittings.

I have read on here time after time DO NOT USE THE CHEAP EBAY -AN FITTINGS. Well I thought what can the difference be and ordered some for my 5.3 fox body swap. I didn't spend much maybe 50.00 and that was for some steel braided ebay line also.

Maybe I received a bad batch maybe this is the standard I truly do not know. The cheap AN fittings are extrememly loose fitting which means leaks. The threads are so sloppy and loose that is causes the threads to be on the edge of stripping and it ***** the fitting sideways with mimimal torque. The part of the fitting that goes into the hose was fine and good to go very tight fit.

I will say this I has an extra pushlock style fitting and once I got the hose over that it didn't leak at all but THAT WAS AN AEROQUIP FITTING.

I more than anyone understand the want to save a few bucks especially after you have doubled and tripled your original guesstimate on your "budget" build.

Save yourself the time and frustration. Ill admit that a lot of the Ebay **** does well and works fine for what most of us need it to do but the fuel system is not he place to save 40 or 50 bucks.....if you do at least buy a good 40.00 fire extinguisher.

Just thought Id try and help someone out with my mistake. Goodluck
Old 09-15-2016, 12:59 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I use Fragola and I've always been happy with their stuff.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Depends on what ebay user you are buying from. I bought some AN fittings and lines from "getfast1" and they are just fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Admitting failure to save someone money in the future