New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouths are Scary

Old 06-23-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Loudmouths are Scary

Well, to start this off, I have a 1999 Trans Am with a SLP Loudmouth exhaust. Night before last I was at a music store, sitting in the parking lot in my car talking on the phone. A van pulls up next to me as I'm about to get off the phone. As soon as I hang up I turn the key and start my car. A lady from the van is walking past my car and screams bloody murder as my car roars to life. I look in my mirror to see whats going on and she is still like jumping up and down, yelling about how my car scared her. Isn't the Loudmouth wonderful?
Old 06-23-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

yes it is i love when people search for the sound when my car turns on. then as i drive off they watch to see if i pull something off lol. but yea it is loud but thats how Trans Ams should be loud and scary to match the scary look.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I dont' think a car is cool unless the exhaust scares the living daylights out of people when you pull next to them at a light.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! Nice.

I remember before I had my Loudmouth, Mustang guys thought nothing of my car and would shoot revs at me at stop lights.
Then came the Loudmouth.
Since then all they do is look and go
Hehe, it's classic.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Loudmouth
Old 06-23-2004, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

Is Loudmouth exhaust the ones I've heard sound good with a stock engine setup? But if you start getting a cam, headers etc. it can get nasty?

I have the stock SLP dual-dual setup right now, would the Loudmouth do anything powerwise for me, or just be louder. And how much of an effect would the loudmouth have with sound?
Old 06-23-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes, thats the Loudmouth.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
Is Loudmouth exhaust the ones I've heard sound good with a stock engine setup? But if you start getting a cam, headers etc. it can get nasty?

I have the stock SLP dual-dual setup right now, would the Loudmouth do anything powerwise for me, or just be louder. And how much of an effect would the loudmouth have with sound?
Powerwise: A hp or two. Dual/Dual flows very well.
Soundwise: Insane difference. The Dual/Dual is one of the quietest, if not THE quietest catback. Loudmouth is just what its name says: LOUD.
As far as headers: Yes, it sounds like complete trash ones headers go on. Thats why I just bought GMMG . IMO, it doesnt get better than GMMG, in any application, except for some true-dual setups. Even then, GMMG beats most of them soundwise. Hope that helps
Old 06-23-2004, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Hmm, are there any exhaust systems that are going to flow better than the Dual-Dual. I haven't really been looking at exhaust systems because I didn't really want to spend that much money. I really don't think I want to spend the money on an exhaust system if it's not going to give me some power gains too, the sound difference would be awesome but I think I'd need a power increase to to spend the money.
I really don't foresee myself doing much to the engine, cam headers etc. because I don't really understand them yet and I just don't see myself doing THAT much to my car. So something that will help with a stock setup would be what I"m looking for.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
Hmm, are there any exhaust systems that are going to flow better than the Dual-Dual. I haven't really been looking at exhaust systems because I didn't really want to spend that much money. I really don't think I want to spend the money on an exhaust system if it's not going to give me some power gains too, the sound difference would be awesome but I think I'd need a power increase to to spend the money.
I really don't foresee myself doing much to the engine, cam headers etc. because I don't really understand them yet and I just don't see myself doing THAT much to my car. So something that will help with a stock setup would be what I"m looking for.
A good flowing catback like the Dual/Dual wont really give up power to anything but the Loudmouth. The power wouldnt be noticable, only the sound.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just get a cutout. its only like $35 and you can have all the loudness you want. 16nrollininaws6, Ive never heard a gmmg, how do they sound in comparison the the LM? ive heard it has more of a rumble. true?
Old 06-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Loudmouth + Longtube headers w/ cats = not what everyone thinks. My car is loud, but the rasp that everyone says it has isn't there. After I cam it up, maybe, but it's fine so far. And as for the loudness, I think the only thing that's louder is strait open headers.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in love with my LoudMouth. The car just seems like a whole new beast with it installed. It pulls a bit more up top (I had some shitty crush-bent catback on before the LM, which was more restrictive than stock) and it seems to grab a hell of a lot of attention from people. I haven't "scared" anyone yet when starting her up, but everyone does take notice. And for FBodies being known to be so raspy, I literally hear no rasp with the LM, and once it hits 3K rpm's, it creates a whole new tune. Nothing but throaty thunder comin' outta this puppy.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by God of Thunder
just get a cutout. its only like $35 and you can have all the loudness you want. 16nrollininaws6, Ive never heard a gmmg, how do they sound in comparison the the LM? ive heard it has more of a rumble. true?
You know how when you get on your car when you have LM, and it gets that wicked, raw, untuned sound at the high rpms? GMMG doesnt have that. What it does have is a DEEP muscle car rumble all the way up to the redline. It also doesnt have that hollow, drony sound from about 2200-3500 rpms either. Also, it has ZERO rasp. This is from what I have heard in person, and cars I have ridden in. LM is wicked and sounds good for a while. When I bought my LM I didnt plan on doing LT's, and now I am, so I needed a new catback. The GP came about, and thats that! My GMMG should be shipping here soon, needed 25 in the GP and we have 23!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm, well i kinda like how mine roars. sounds more like a racecar to me. i just love my loudmouth. i like it so much better than the flowmaster i had on before, although that had a little bit of a cleaner sound. thanks for the input, if i had the money i might would join your gp. sorry though
Old 06-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Teching In

I couldn't agree more!! I do disagree with thinking that it will sound like **** if you add headers. I personally think it sounds better with headers since it adds SO much more authority. Some people like the rasp, some people don't. I myself love the fact that it DOES scare the crap outta people and it's as close to Nascar as you can legally get!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend of mine in my neighborhood has the GMMG w/stock manifolds/cats. It sounds OK but for a manifold/cat car NOTHING beats the loudmouth!
Old 06-23-2004, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

loudmouth is the only exhast i can kinda hear when a fbody pulls up next to me....over my cutout that is
Old 06-23-2004, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how bout headers no cat to a cut out. ROOOOOOAR! i love scaring people.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
A friend of mine in my neighborhood has the GMMG w/stock manifolds/cats. It sounds OK but for a manifold/cat car NOTHING beats the loudmouth!
I totally disagree with that. Sounds OK? It sounds crazy IMO. Stock for stock, LM is louder, but GMMG is nicer/more refined sounding. Then when you slap on headers GMMG takes the cake for sure.

Search this Thread