New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy looking for tips on cam and tb

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got a 1998 z28 I bought about a year ago and am ready to do something with it ...it came with bbk longtube headers and slp exhaust other than that I belive the car is stock.. ive heard the 243 heads the ls6 intake manifold are good mods but got questions as far as cam and throttle bodies... which should I get for it to still be able to be a weekend driver and not just strickly a drag car...any help would be greatly appreciated .. and keep in mind im not a professional mechanics thanks in advance

I've just purchased a 1998 z28 with bbk longtube headers and slp exhaust. Other than that stock. I've heard to switch to ls6 intake manifold. And put in a mild cam. What all do I need to complete these two swaps. ( additional parts wise ... Throttle body injectors ?? )
Old 02-21-2017, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This depends on your future goals, and also has been asked about a million times on this site, theres a sticky titled "so you wanna be fast" find the thread and read it to have a base understanding of the core mods and what exactly they are doing and why they increase performance, then you'll have a better idea of what you want to do with your car not what the internet wants to do with it.

Speaking of the internet modding it for you, it sounds to me like you want a mild street car, my suggestion would be an LS6 intake, P/P TB, a true ram air setup like SSRA, free ram air mod, swap the paper filter for a k&n, stock 243 heads with a mild cam such as the TSP 224 or TSP 228, LCA's and panhard bar, decent street radials, if its an auto a 3200 stall with trans cooler, and a good SD tune. Read the sticky and what I just said will make more sense.

Quick Reply: New guy looking for tips on cam and tb