New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown block

Old 03-25-2017, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown block

I have a 2002 ws6 that the block blew. So I took it to a shop and the offered me a 6.oL bored out to a 6.2, it was off of a Silverado ss. Now the tires keep wearing out so I've tried taking to to get aligned but they say they couldn't.. is it possible that the new engine is to heave and need stronger springs
Old 03-30-2017, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

find a new alignment shop. Look for a frame shop, they will have better mechanics than the local tire store
Old 03-30-2017, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

The weight difference between an aluminum block and an iron block is around 110 lbs. Less than that of the average adult. I doubt that the weight is lowering the car to the point that your camber is so far off you're wearing your tires.

Find a decent alignment shop (I would avoid Les Schwab if you can) and have them give it an alignment.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbos_Ws6_aka_sammy
I have a 2002 ws6 that the block blew. So I took it to a shop and the offered me a 6.oL bored out to a 6.2, it was off of a Silverado ss. Now the tires keep wearing out so I've tried taking to to get aligned but they say they couldn't.. is it possible that the new engine is to heave and need stronger springs
Try a more reputable alignment shop.

The engine weight is negligible. As HappySalesman said, it weighs about the same as your average female passenger... it's not harming anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blown block