Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Headlight Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Headlight Issue

The drivers side front headlight bulb just went out on my T/A. Is this something difficult/annoying to repair or should I just let the dealer take care of it for me.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do it yourself. Let the dealer do your turn signal lights if they ever go out lol.
Goodluck.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Right, but my question is the level of difficulty. I don't want to start something that's going to be a pain in the ***.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No its not a pain in the ***... The headlight is plenty easy. Plus when I do my own work I feel great and like a man lol, even if it is just a headlight.

The turnsignal on the other hand is a pain in the *** seeing u have to get under the car and TRY and find this and that and its just a pain in the ***.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Not hard, turn the headlights all the way on so they flip up, then turn it back to parking lights so they stay up the but the headlights are off. Remove the 3 screws holding the black plastic panel in around the lamps. Then you need a T15 Torx driver to remove the metal retainer plate held on by 4 torx screws. Just remove the 4 at each corner and not the 2 adjusters (center top and center side). Pull the housing forward, unplug and plug new housing in. Remember you have sealed beam lamps, not a bulb like the camaros. So when you buy the replacement light, it will be the big, full rectangular housing with bulb sealed inside.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by skytower31
Not hard, turn the headlights all the way on so they flip up, then turn it back to parking lights so they stay up the but the headlights are off. Remove the 3 screws holding the black plastic panel in around the lamps. Then you need a T15 Torx driver to remove the metal retainer plate held on by 4 torx screws. Just remove the 4 at each corner and not the 2 adjusters (center top and center side). Pull the housing forward, unplug and plug new housing in. Remember you have sealed beam lamps, not a bulb like the camaros. So when you buy the replacement light, it will be the big, full rectangular housing with bulb sealed inside.
Thank you big time. I'm heading down to PepBoys after work to pick up a new lamp.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

If you don't have a T15 screwdrive, pick one of those up. Same size for the bolts used to keep the front bird plate cover on if you ever need to remove it.