Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Around Tool Set Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Around Tool Set Question

Thinking about looking into one of these to have up here at school. I live on a farm at home so we have about 3 sets of everything you could ever need but NONE of it is organized. I can get tools from there but it would be peicemeal as I need them which wouldn't be the best way considering the distance to home.
So looking into getting a general purpose tool set for my car. I just pretty much the basics so that I can dismantle stuff if I feel the urge, which could happen over a weekend. I'd probably be interested in craftsman because that's what I trust but I'm pretty much just looking for advice on how in depth of a tool set I need, what should be included in it stuff like that. If you guys have any thoughts I'd appreciate it.
And do I need to be getting metric or standard size stuff for my car?
And I'm perfectly fine with spending around $100 on this, if I know I'm getting quality stuff and that I'm covering all the bases.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

i like the stanley **** from wal mart or craftsman 100 dollar 150 piece set

J
Old 07-06-2004, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Check out ebay for great deals on Craftsman tool sets. There is a ton of stuff on their that you can get cheap, a more complete set will probrably be more than $100 but you never know what you're going to find. Most of the people are very good to do business with too, I buy tools off ebay almost every week. You will need mostly metric tools to work on your F-body. The one thing that would not be included in a tool set that I couldn't live without is reversable racheting wrenches.