Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to ajustjust PHR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default how to ajustjust PHR?

i already had my fender wells rolled and recently went from a 35 series to 40 series and now its rubbing. so i was going to try and move the rear over a tad to the left?

how do i adjust the panhard to the left? i am rubbing on the right side and would like to try to move the rear over a tad to the left.. which way should i be turning the rod. and which sidenut should i lossen?

thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eiyse98ls1
i already had my fender wells rolled and recently went from a 35 series to 40 series and now its rubbing. so i was going to try and move the rear over a tad to the left?

how do i adjust the panhard to the left? i am rubbing on the right side and would like to try to move the rear over a tad to the left.. which way should i be turning the rod. and which sidenut should i lossen?

thanks
u need to have it even on both sides. you cant shift it to one side in hopes that it will stop rubbing. in order to make it even i tied a piece of string to a nail and let the nail fall to the ground and measured how far the tire is away from the string and then made my changes accordingly. now, to adjust you will see three large nuts. the one in the middle needs to be loosend first. then the one os each end rotate so that you can move it to the right or left depending on which way u turn it.

J
Old 07-08-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by heyitsTaJay
u need to have it even on both sides. you cant shift it to one side in hopes that it will stop rubbing. in order to make it even i tied a piece of string to a nail and let the nail fall to the ground and measured how far the tire is away from the string and then made my changes accordingly. now, to adjust you will see three large nuts. the one in the middle needs to be loosend first. then the one os each end rotate so that you can move it to the right or left depending on which way u turn it.

J
well, from what i gather the rear is of to the right a little so thats why i want to move it over to the left a little..

did i adjust it wrong by un bolting one side of the rod and just lossen the opposite side and just spinning the rod. i was observed that when turning one direction that if i were to bolt it back up that it would pull it to the right more to i went the opposite and nolted it back up.. ima go for a ride and see what happens.

do you have the BMR AJPHR? thats what i have. the nut thats bigger is fixed i believe.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eiyse98ls1
well, from what i gather the rear is of to the right a little so thats why i want to move it over to the left a little..

did i adjust it wrong by un bolting one side of the rod and just lossen the opposite side and just spinning the rod. i was observed that when turning one direction that if i were to bolt it back up that it would pull it to the right more to i went the opposite and nolted it back up.. ima go for a ride and see what happens.

do you have the BMR AJPHR? thats what i have. the nut thats bigger is fixed i believe.
i see what ur saying. yah the center bolt is stationary. you will haveta loosen the bolts to the right/left of it a substantial amount in order to make room for adj without it tightwning bak up. just make sure its centerd.

J
Old 07-08-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by heyitsTaJay
i see what ur saying. yah the center bolt is stationary. you will haveta loosen the bolts to the right/left of it a substantial amount in order to make room for adj without it tightwning bak up. just make sure its centerd.

J

well i just got back driving around and i didnt hear it rub well going over bumps. as far as it being centered it may be centered but im not sure. i only say this because i think it is only happening because im lower on the right side also.

thanks
Old 07-09-2004, 02:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey everyone, my rear is off to the driver's side a little bit. Will doing what you all told Eiyse to do fix my same problem? It also pulls to the left, so I'm thinking it's cuz of the rear end being shifted to the left (driver side).
Old 07-09-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
Hey everyone, my rear is off to the driver's side a little bit. Will doing what you all told Eiyse to do fix my same problem? It also pulls to the left, so I'm thinking it's cuz of the rear end being shifted to the left (driver side).
i think what the car pulls it has to do with your alignment not your rear end. if it oulls while driving and you dont hod the steering wheel and it pulls to one side that is alignment if im not mistaken.

imy problem was mor just the fact that the rear was over to the right alittle causing the tire to rub when i hit bumps or ips on the road since im lowered and the right rear hangs lower then the left side by 1/4 inch.

good luck
Old 07-09-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Oh. So I'll definitely get it alligned, but I know for a fact that my rear is shifted to the driver's side. I can easily see it standing behind my car.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll need an adjustable PHB to recenter your rear. Very easy to install. Also drive in some water and see if the rear tires track exactly where the front tires track. That tells you if the rear is centered.