Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune or Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune or Exhaust??

Ok, got a little dilemma. The car has a tune in it now, but it was with the S2 heads that were on it, now they are gone, so the car isn't tuned quite right for the cam and stuff. The car runs fine, but i'm sure it needs to be tweaked to add the extra HP.

I'm either going to get a good dyno tune or go with some true duals from TSP. Right now i'm running Jet Hot LT's through an O/R Y, dynomouth from there on out. I have a cutout that i close for daily driving b/c of the loudness. WIth it closed the car is so damn raspy though, which i hate. I figure true duals will help a lot.

What do you guys think??

Bryan
Old 07-23-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the exhaust. I enjoyed driving my car more when it was stock than i did with headers, cam and rasp. So did you switch the heads out for other ported heads or what?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

naw, put the stock ones back on. I actually didn't do any of it, the car was a buddy of mine it Atlanta's and he did it. He wasn't happy with the power he got out of the S2 heads. Running basically the comp cam version of the X1 MTI cam, i guess they didn't match up too well.

How do you think the TSP True Duals will do with my Eibach ProKit 2" drop? I already hit every little dimple in the road with my LT's, with it make it worse or be the same?
Old 07-24-2004, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

I'd go with the exhaust.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Launching!

I would go with the tune.