Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the Fu**!! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 04:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the Fu**!! Help!

On the way home this morning I had no gauges what so ever. Didnt even know how fast I was going until I did a WOT smash about 4 minutes into the trip then everything flashed on the cluster and I soon got my tach and speedo and everything back. This car is makin me so pissed after moddin it Im gettin ready to sell it. I recently just done the TC so I dont know what the **** is goin on.................do I need a new Gauge Cluster??? I hate modded late models and love early carbed cars What The ****!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate modded late models and love early carbed cars
Old 07-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Launching!

I hate to tell you this, but modded old cars have just as many problems just different ones. This is a muscle car, and things get moved and jostled from the power that the car is making. Another thing to consider is that the computer can account for so many variables, but in this case I think you may have moved a ground, or lossened a wire. Don't get down, especially after you mod a car. I can assure you that no one with any other car that has modded it has ever not run into problems. Infact that Cobra guys have the same issues we encounter for the most part. Just get under there and see if anything has worked it's way lose, and if not, you can always go up to autozone and see if by chance it threw a code but no light.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Yeah I know I need to take my time guys but the **** just drives me crazy. When something goes wrong on a car you love to death your gut reaction is to curse the hell out of it and then tenderly and lovingly fix the problem. I think I pin pointed it by the way, gauge cluster was loose I tapped the top of the dashboard and it went out, then I tapped it again and it went back on. So I pulled it, cleaned all contacts, checked the harness out, plugged it back in, tightened down good, and its seems to be working flawlessly. One thing though I got a DTC when I hooked up autotap to check the gauges accuracy, DTC P0650 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit was that thrown just because I pulled the cluster.........I would assume? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Glad you got it fixed man. I know exactly how you feel, as I have 8 problems sitting in a garage right now, and every stinking one of them is in perfect condition....they are show cars, but even so they still have things that just up and decide to take a dump on me. I also just finished a stint of issues with my truck, and now that it is running properly I am selling it to have a project Camaro.