Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 03:55 PM
...with cheese.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help

Ok, I have a 00 SS with LT, into a freeflow exhaust, FIPK Kit, All Free Mods, new plugs and wires... etc... I just recently installed my FIPK kit and I threw a code. Since the code my gas mileage has been absolutely awful... I havn't had a chance to swing by autozone yet to see what the code is but I think it might have something to do with the air temp sensor not fitting well or too much air or something... Maybe the MAF isnt liking what it is getting and going to a limp mode for tuning. Another thing might be an o2 sensor... the car has 50k on it but they might have been f'ed up during a header install or something... I'd appreciate it if somebody could share a similar experience and/or a fix for it. I'll post up what that code is when I get to autozone this afternoon! thanks guys!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, a damaged IAT, MAF or O2 will do that. Or a leak after the MAF.

Mine was a damaged IAT, one of my buddy's car it was a leak, on the other it was a O2.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:29 PM

Does not sound like an O2, unless it is a front O2.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:20 AM
...with cheese.

Ok, I went to autozone and had the guy run a test for me... Both front Right and Left banks are running really rich... I'm assuming since I've modified my car that it just needs to be tuned and that the O2 sensors don't actually need to be replaced... I ordered an HP Tune last night... along with a new laptop and a Texas Speed true dual setup... jesus I'm gonna be regretting that for a while... oh ya, the car has been running like this for a little while and I just havnt gotten around to trying to fix it. Should I replace the plugs? they are almost brand new, I'm just not sure if they would foul that quickly. Thanks fellas!