New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP warrenty serice strikes again...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP warrenty serice strikes again...

Disclaimer: I know SLP is a sponsor here. This has nothing to do with their aftermarket parts division. I've never had any dealings with them on that respect and am not directing this at that division. This is entirely directed at their division which handles warrenty claims. Since this is not related to their aftermarket parts, I am putting it here instead of in the section for sponsor feedback. Mods: If you feel the need to more or delete this rant, go ahead.

Several people I know with Firehawk's or SS's have had headaches when trying to get an SLP parts covered under warrenty. (Examples include paint flaking on a firehawk hood and paint flaking on chrome SS rims).

Well..SLP's warrenty department is at work again...

Two weeks ago we took the Firehawk to the dealership for a couple of problems, one of them being the rear shocks were blown (clearly leaking fluid). The dealer we go to seems to do better if you tell them the symptoms then if you tell them the problem so we told them she's hitting really hard on bumps. They're like..yeah..the shocks are blown, we're going to need to order them, it's going to be 7-10 days. ok, no problem, we figured that since the car had Koni shocks as an SLP option with the Firehawk package.

Yesterday we get home from work and there's a message on the answering machine. "Hi, This is <name> from <dealership>. I need you to call me at <phone number>. The performance parts company we get our parts from wants to see pictures of the leaking shocks before they'll release the product. This has nothing to do with you, it's politics between GM and the company."

gee...no surprise...we know they have to get the shocks from SLP since it's a part SLP put on the car and therefore covered by SLP's warrenty and not GM's. And gee..not surprise SLP is being a pain about replacing the part.

My fiance is stopping by the dealer on monday so they can get pictures of the shocks. We'll see what SLP says when they get the pictures....why do I sense a fight coming....
Old 08-06-2004, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as always spl sucks.... never buy slp if you can help it(i know you did not buy slp you got shafted with there crappy parts)
Old 08-06-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah ***** SLP. I was a computer newbie when I bought my 02 SS(guess I still am really) but there are a lot of things that bother me about that company. First of all as far as i know they have not made available build #'s for the last few years of SS/Firehawk production, please feal free to correct me if I am wrong, also as far as I know there was a lot of great info on there website that they would not let anyone else have when they decided they didnt need the F body crowd any more and shut down the website( before I found out how great LS1.tech was that is where I spent most of my time on line). I never got my birth certificate on my 02 SS even though I requested it many times. And although I feel that many of their items are overpriced I still have purchased a lot of it along the way, not counting dealer installed equipment, Bistein Sup, CME ZR1's Mats etc. I have bought SLP SFC's, LM, SLP line lock, speedo recalibration unit. As much money as they have made on the F body crowd I think they could care less.